• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
brand new to pellet stoves..i was burning 4 cords of wood a year decided to go pellets...bought the Harman P43..
my house is 1500 sq.feet..my house is fairly new...install will be through the wall with the air intake kit..
installer says should be very efficient..cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan overhead...
looking at getting some mwp from a local warehouse nearby $214 a ton delivered...

Welcome on in fromthe coast. Glad to see you're buying local pellets.

Should be quite interesting, to hear how you feel about your change over to pellets, after being a wood burner. Some of the more obvious changes are just that, "obvious."

-Soupy1957

Welcome! the Harmon is a great choice for your pellet stove. I have a 25' high cathedral ceiling and I use a ceiling fan in reverse to draw the heat up which then spreads out and comes gently down the walls back to floor level. This way you're not creating a draft across your skin causing evaporatipon, which is how a ceiling fan cools you when blowing down in the summer.

thanks everyone for the welcome...i read that if you have high cathedral ceilings you leave the fan clockwise???? dont know if this is true
my ceilings are about 12 feet..... i will look into this further...
gonna be nice having the stove upstairs instead of in the basement....
i bought the stove from a local dealer in auburn me..

Fireside Stove Shop-(Me)
1220 Center Street
Auburn, ME 04210
207-784-9249

good to deal with..
they let me pay installments on the purchase and they will install it when it's paid..

roadking88 said:
thanks everyone for the welcome...i read that if you have high cathedral ceilings you leave the fan clockwise???? dont know if this is true
my ceilings are about 12 feet..... i will look into this further...

Welcome to the forum.

As for the ceiling fan, run it clockwise in the colder months to push the warm off the ceiling and down the walls....keeps the overall temp in the room even, and you don't have any noticeable direct drafts. And besides, no ceiling fan is going to be able to blow warm from the ceiling down.

i say welcome too, but I say skip the fan..hang a hammock up in there, close to the ceiling and enjoy the pocket of warm air ;-) . selfish? sure, but toasty warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.