New Osburn 2000 Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randy1

Mar 9, 2009
United States
Finally got the new stove installed. Won't get to use it much til the fall, but glad to have it in.

Attachments

• Image0009 (2).jpg
    Image0009 (2).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 711
i sold osburn for years, not anymore
that is a very decent model, some of thier others like the 1800-2200 were a hassle to keep the door sealed on, 3 piece glass looks cool( i guess)
but is hard to gasket, even for me...

other than that, no customer complaints!

your stove has a flat one piece design, gasketing should be prettty easy to install/ maintain. sure its no avalon, but its door design is fine. its toe 2200=1800 w/ issues

gasketing,
find the approrpiate sized gasket(consult your manual) keep in mind that gaskets have different densities and may need to be streched or compacted to get the proper thickness.
i always dry fit the gasket to be sure it is a nice snug fit, but not impossible to close door before cementing.

keep in mind gaskets compress more and more over time, it should be snug when new

luck

Status
Not open for further replies.