New pellet manufacturer to operate in PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative Guy

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern PA
I am not associated with this company in any way, but I was told it will be opening soon. It is called Great American Pellet Company, in Palmerton PA (Northeastern). A few miles from Blue Mountain ski area. Their website is minimal so far, at http://greatamericanpellets.com/

A new product to try next season, if they open as planned.

I know someone who was on the property recently, and met a manager, who described their plant design and process. It sounded very well thought out. Don't know if they have any prior experience, but I believe the plant was designed by a firm that does.

I didn't get the details of how soon they may open. I think the web indicates they started construction in July.

also close to me.. 1 hour 15 minute drive. i wonder if they are going to sell direct to the consumer? i could go down there with my equipment trailer and pick up a few tons if the price is right and the product is good

Status
Not open for further replies.