New Quadra Fire Castille

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gog222

Sep 2, 2008
MD
Hello,
I just bought a new Quadra Fire Castille. I hooked the stove up myself, and when i tried to fire it up by the manual, all i got was i blue flashing light. No fan, no nothing. Did i miss something? Is something not set? Thanks in advance. I am going to call the dealer later, if it's not something simple.

gog222 said:
Hello,
I just bought a new Quadra Fire Castille. I hooked the stove up myself, and when i tried to fire it up by the manual, all i got was i blue flashing light. No fan, no nothing. Did i miss something? Is something not set? Thanks in advance. I am going to call the dealer later, if it's not something simple.

Did you press the reset button on back? I would unplug it......press the reset button....go from there.

Thanks for the response.. I unpluged the stove, hit the reset, pluged it back in and only get the flashing blue light. Do i need to leave it plugged it for a while or does it start up imediately?

gog222 said:
Thanks for the response.. I unpluged the stove, hit the reset, pluged it back in and only get the flashing blue light. Do i need to leave it plugged it for a while or does it start up imediately?

When mine was installed I think it was an immediate start up. When I have pressed the reset I held it in for maybe 3 seconds and immediately my auger started feeding pellets....

Ok.. tomorrow i will unplug. replug, and hold the reset for 3 seconds. i will let you know..thanks.

I was just goung thru the owners manual again.. I n the stary up section it say's to make sure the thermocoule cover is in contact with the tip of the thermocouple. How do you know if it is? If it's not, would that be a reason i only get the blue flashing light?

gog222 said:
I was just goung thru the owners manual again.. I n the stary up section it say's to make sure the thermocoule cover is in contact with the tip of the thermocouple. How do you know if it is? If it's not, would that be a reason i only get the blue flashing light?

I'm not exactly sure on the thermo couple being a cause for the blue light......but theres a member here that works directly with Quads on installs. Go to his profile and send him a message with your rpoblem and i am sure he'd give you some advice. Link below:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/member/2365/

thanks for the link.. email sent to him. I think the flashing blue light indicatesd that i have power to the control box. But thats all i get.

Just got home and tried the reset button..nothing but blue flashing light.. tomorrow i will call the dealer. When i move the thermosat up and down i can hear the relays in the stove clicking..

Check the snap disks, three in total if I recall correctly , two can be reset by re-snapping them. Locations should be listed in the manual (mostly behind the back right as you're at the stove), small disks about the size of a nickle with a button in the center.

I found Snap disk #1 and #3 . SD #1 does not have a reset button. I did not see # 2 and that sounds like what is causing my problem. The manual says it is under Snap Disk #1 .. i will look again. thanks.

if anyone has a Castille... and knows where Snap disk # 2 is.. I can't find it, could you please send me a pic of it? The manual says it has 2 orange wires to it.. i only see one. thanks in advance

Gary

Thanks everyone.. i think my problem was the control box not seated.. i moved it around and sove is working great..It's 90 degrees in MD today.. good day to light a stove!! one quick question.. i have a little smoke .. is this normal for the first start up? there were a lot of pellets in the fire box once it started..

Gary

gog222 said:
one quick question.. i have a little smoke .. is this normal for the first start up? there were a lot of pellets in the fire box once it started...
Depends - smoke inside the stove or smoke in the house? If it's in the stove that you're seeing behind the glass, that's okay. If it's in the house, you've got a leak that you need to seal off. Could be from the joints on the vent pipe or the door seal (if I recall correctly the door latch is somewhat adjustable to tighten it up on the QF).

Well I had my Castile insert installed ~1 week ago and when the installers fire it up, they warned me that it would smoke and that I should open windows. It did and it smelled exactly like they said it would - paint fumes. I guess the first time the paint heats up, it releases vapors. The stove no longer does that.

I just fired up my castile last night (seems to be working perfect) and it definitely gives off some fumes/smoke while the paint cures.

The smoke stopped pretty quick but the smell took several hours.

Sorry, I wish I would have seen this sooner. I had the same issue with my santafe. the box worked itself loose during shipping. I unplugged the stove and reseated the box and all was well. as for the smell of smoke is it wood smoke are more chemical like? wood smoke smell you have a leak, chemical is it paint curing.

Status
Not open for further replies.