New Quardra-Fire 2700i owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel73

Nov 28, 2009
Ky
So I've wanted a wood insert for some time and got motivated to spend the money after finding out about the tax credit.
Started investigating late last year and got a 2700i installed into my Heatilator HF36-A few days ago.

Love it!

Having a pre-fab fireplace limits my choices of inserts but I'm happy with this.
Produces good heat with the blower and doesn't radiate much at all.
All I was looking to do was find a unit that wouldn't inhale all my fire wood like the fireplace did, produce enough heat to give the furnace a rest, and operate safely.
This little stove has it's work cut out for it with my open floor plan and high ceilings but it's doing ok.

Before

4298346266_c98e631a0f_o.jpg

After

4370948523_5d7aeaa119_o.jpg

In use

4334784809_11efd33148_o.jpg

Great! I have one for several years now and it's been pretty good. I changed my bricks to normal firebrick because the original ones starting getting flakey like the ones on my older 2100i in our old place. I've also found a thermo switch that turns off the fan when the stove goes cold. I like the trim you have around the surround. I need to put a piece of something or other around the outside of the tile, at least. Here's a picture thread of mine and someone elses: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37860/

Nice looking fire there! Thanks for posting.

Thats really nice!

Thanks all!

It's been great using it the past few weeks.
So easy to get a fire going in this stove.

.....added a pic in the original post of the Heatilator the Quadra-Fire was placed into.

Status
Not open for further replies.