New Ravelli Veronica leftover purchase?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ridgeracing

Dec 6, 2017
PA
A local stove store is selling new old stock Ravelli model Veronica pellet stoves. I know these stoves listed for over 3k. They are selling them at close out price of $1999. He says because of the price they do not have a warranty . This model was replaced by Holly C, looks the same to me. My main concern is if this model had any issues etc. and would stove be difficult to set up as the require pick up and self installation. They still sell Ravelli, they just have several leftover if this model. It’s a large store, the handle about 6-8 brands

I don't know about the US but in Canada, a product sold as new no matter the discount
comes with the full manufactures warranty. The warranty is supplied by the manufacturer not the seller

Reactions: Washed-Up
I purchased my Ravelli Francesca 3 seasons ago under similar conditions. New old stock for $1000 off list price. I purchased intending to self install. Have had a few issues which were very frustrating at the time. I am a lifelong industrial controls technician and do all my own repairs on everything pretty much. The Francesca is the perfect size and performance for us in our dining room. If your looking for a trouble free easy maintenance stove I would not recommend Ravelli from my experience. MAF sensor problems every season, faulty auger motor within first couple of months. I added additional fusing to help isolate failures. Kind of like an Italian sports car, performs great but requires a lot of tinkering.

I have a 2009 Ecoteck / Ravelli Elena, very similar to the Veronica model. I installed this stove in 2011, and have burned about 3 tons of pellets every winter since. I think it is a well made reliable stove. I have replaced the flame trap, the burn pot, the auger motor (noisey bearings) and the room fan (noisey bearings).

I have the Service Manual if you need it. Parts are available from 2 or 3 sources. Parts cost about the same as other pellet stoves, except for the combustion motor/fan, which is about $300. An ignitor is about $60. A control board is $170.

Last edited:
I have no regrets about buying the Ravelli Francesca and am happy with it overall. If I had to pay to have the initial issues serviced I would be upset. I did the troubleshooting and repairs myself. The air flow sensor issues are really the only permanent design problem inherent to the stove. That can be eliminated with a program change. If we make it through this heating season without a MAF sensor failure it will be the first season out of three that we didn’t have a failure with the sensor and stove in general. We burn about 1.5 ton per season. We have a wood stove that picks up the slack with about 1.5 cord per season. The Ravelli stoves are the nicest looking, quietist and most even heating pellet stoves I’ve seen. Best to use high quality softwood pellets. To me it’s worth the extra money.

The earlier series of stoves (like the Veronica and Elena, and the earlier Francesca don't have the troublesome airflow sensor. The later series of stove, about 2012 onward, have the "RDS" system, which uses an airflow sensor. The RDS system is a great idea, but apparently spoiled by some defective airflow sensors.

The earlier series of stoves (like the Veronica and Elena, and the earlier Francesca don't have the troublesome airflow sensor. The later series of stove, about 2012 onward, have the "RDS" system, which uses an airflow sensor. The RDS system is a great idea, but apparently spoiled by some defective airflow sensors.
I’ll be curious to see if one; I make it through this entire season without this sensor failing, and two; how long this sensor lasts beyond this season. The original one in the stove and the first replacement failed with about the same run hours. Before I wrote off these sensors I thoroughly cleaned the stove pipes and sensors to eliminate actual flow issues. My initial thought is a bad application or cheaply made sensors.