New stove coming out, soon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Just to wave the carrot in front of you all.

50,000 BTU (bad pellets = less heat)
Est sqft 1,770 (insulation in the home does help)
120 lbs hopper
80% + efficiency
ignitor-auto light
ashpan
sugg. retail under $1,600

This is not going to be a beauty queen but it comes from awesome bloodlines.
Kinda looks like a tool box and comes in any color you want as long as it is black
It is going to give a vary similar unit by another company a run for it's money.

I will not say the brand name at this time but you guys and gals that live on here will know what brand I am talking about.

Eric

I would bet Harman to compete with the discount Quad.

Really, they are owned by the same company why would they do that... 120 lb hopper & ignitor, sign me up. Can't be any louder than my Harman..

$1,600..... 120 lb hopper.....Wow....... Hopefully has the name Heatilator on the front of it. I want one.

My guess is USSC something or other since they just bought Breckwell. Probably a rebadged Big E (big error).

gfreek said:
Really, they are owned by the same company why would they do that... 120 lb hopper & ignitor, sign me up. Can't be any louder than my Harman..

Different companies, need to stand on there own. When the Quad came out there were no Harman parts in it.

Dexter Day
Dexter Day
Dexter Day

I still will not say the brand name just yet.

Eric

Heatilator already has the PS50 but only has a 80LB hopper.

I am betting something new from USSC/Breckwell hook up. Maybe the bigE with a USSC controller? BigE has the 120LB hopper But really didn't musture 50,000 BTU's at 5 LBS/hr. fuel feed. Needs more like 6.25 LBS/hr. to get that.

Does it actually work all the way from down low to its claimed high burn rate for at least a 24 hour stretch without "popping" a limit switch (this means no auto throttle back via chopping juice to the auger)?

Is it free of any air leaks?

Is it made out of real metal suitable for making a solid stove?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Does it actually work all the way from down low to its claimed high burn rate for at least a 24 hour stretch without "popping" a limit switch (this means no auto throttle back via chopping juice to the auger)?

What brand are you refering to?

kinsman stoves said:
Dexter Day
Dexter Day
Dexter Day

I still will not say the brand name just yet.

Eric

Still sticking with Heatilator. That's only because of your "Awesome Bloodlines" statement. I know the description you gave, is just like other stoves on the market. But H & H does not have a stove with that big of a hopper. And 50,000 BTU's is in the nieghborhood of a few of H & H's stoves.
Here is to hoping its still my pick! One can dream, can't he?

I have a 140 pound hopper that will actually fit that much. Rated at 55,000 BTU's 6.5lbs/hr. Supposed 85.5% efficient. Probably not considered great bloodlines but it does a great job heating(after I got another burn pot) and clean up is easy. I have roughly 2,200 sq feet and I almost never run it over setting 2 which is 3.25lbs/hr. I have run it at the max for an hour or so and the temp coming out is almost 500 on the infrared. The temp at the high temp sensor is only about 200. Paid $2000 new.
I think it is was well worth it. When I bought the stove I was drawn by the max BTU capacity. In hind sight it would not be as high on my list considering I will never run it that high. In fact the highest I run it is on 3 at about 5.20 lbs/hr and that is only for a short time.
I would actually rather find a stove that could run very well on a very low setting maybe about .5-1lb per hour. I have tried to find one for my "man town" that is attached to my house. Nothing seems to fit that need.

kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm not referring to any brand of stove I'm asking about this new fan-dangled critter you are yammering about.

SmokeyTheBear said:
kinsman stoves said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm not referring to any brand of stove I'm asking about this new fan-dangled critter you are yammering about.

I don't want to even know the brand just yet. (O.k. maybe I do a little). But WHEN is it's debuted release? Will it be before next winter? Can "that much" info be leaked? Been looking to sell or trade the Quad. Its had its day in my home. I learned what I needed from it (1st pellet stove). Been a great stove and made me and my family quite happy. Saved a ton of cash. Time to move on. May not be "This exact stove" in question. Depends on what model it truely is. But I will be getting rid of her here shortly. Just looking for the next contender that will sit on my Hearth Pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.