New Stove Installed - Running like a champ

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecoteck Francesca, it's the smallest one. My Partner in the dealership got the Veronica since his house is bigger. House is at 71, from 59 tonight @ 915pm. Beautiful looking flame and quiet as a mouse.....well not really but pretty quiet. Pics soon. Here is the stove...
2011-02-01_19-20-32_648.jpg

With the value of the $$$ in the dumpster was that a pricey stove?

krooser said:
With the value of the $$$ in the dumpster was that a pricey stove?

It's not too bad. About the same that you would pay for a Harman Accentra. I can tell you that this stove is more efficient that the Harman. There is better control over the operations. Also, you do not want to stand naked in front of it unless you want to tan your johnson. The heat reflacting back from the firex 600 is somewhat insane. That's what makes the flame white hot. I'll snap a photo later on today when I get back home.

Fish On said:
33 pound hopper is that right?

we need pics!

Yeah, we'll mark that up in the down side column. I think it is 35lb...but either way it is less than a full bag. I also DO NOT like the how open the top is in this model. It is very easy to over flow the pellet bin and the pellets fall EVERYWHERE inside and behind the stove. It is the cheapest model they make so I wanted to experience it first hand. This model also has metal sides and top, where as all of the other models have the cast majolica sides and top.

Mine has the majolica top front over the humidifier tray, but that's it. Yeah...the pellets fall into that area too.

All their stoves have girl names. I like the Sofia! Love the pic of the All American Family on the website! Nice looking pellet stoves too.
BIH

nice house, looks like it would be good for an ecotek ad. ;-)

smwilliamson said:
Fish On said:
33 pound hopper is that right?

we need pics!

Yeah, we'll mark that up in the down side column. I think it is 35lb...but either way it is less than a full bag. I also DO NOT like the how open the top is in this model. It is very easy to over flow the pellet bin and the pellets fall EVERYWHERE inside and behind the stove. It is the cheapest model they make so I wanted to experience it first hand. This model also has metal sides and top, where as all of the other models have the cast majolica sides and top.

Mine has the majolica top front over the humidifier tray, but that's it. Yeah...the pellets fall into that area too.

Hi Scott

Just curious, How does that humidifier tray work? Does it put much water in the air?

Nice stove, but 33 lb's in the hopper isnt much, its like my Quad Castile insert, it barely holds 2/3 of a bag whereas other stoves can hold the entire bag and some 50 lbs.

Having pellets fall all over in and out of the stove doesnt sound something I'd like either but overall the unit looks nice.

What is that fabric that is uncomfortably close to the stove?

smwilliamson said:
picture posted in the first thread of my stove. Was programming the menu tonight and it caught my pant on fire through the glass. YIKES!!! Standing too CLOSE!

IMO, now that it caught your clothing on fire, doesn't the curtain (or whatever it is to the right) seem a bit too close for comfort??

She's a beaut! Did a search on them and seen prices close to $6K ouch on that part.

Sheet, Curtain is a bit close there carl!

those Ecoteck's are very good looking units...can you PM some prices?...we do not have a dealer within 300 miles of me so I can't go see one first hand...Our only dealer in the area carries Lopi brand...Lowes/Home Depot carry some they will special order only...still no pellets :/

tiggere said:
Our only dealer in the area carries Lopi brand...

The Lopi brand, made by Travis Ind., is a very good stove line. I think once you see how much the EcoTek stoves cost, you'll be stopping the local dealer to check the Lopi's out.

tiggere said:
those Ecoteck's are very good looking units...can you PM some prices?...we do not have a dealer within 300 miles of me so I can't go see one first hand...Our only dealer in the area carries Lopi brand...Lowes/Home Depot carry some they will special order only...still no pellets :/

Look at the website, http://www.ecoteck.us/wood-pellet-stoves/

I'll PM prices but they have a lot of models. Certainly I'll sell you anything you want at a special hearth.com price too.

Work mode 5 (highest setting), draught -3 (2200 RMP), pellet feed + .025 sec, 333°F , Okanagan's
Work mode 4 (same settings) 301°F
Work mode 3 (same settings) 285°F
Work mode 2 (same settings) 247°F
Work mode 1 (same settings) 233°F

All measurements taken from Klein True RMS MM with Type K Thermocouple, 1/2 "from outer edge of center/lower exchange tube.

2011-02-01_21-39-26_602.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.