New to forum. Intrepid II 1303 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawsjoe

Sep 3, 2008
MA
So I have had a cat stove in the past in my first home (VC Acclaim). Now I find myself with a used Intrepid II 1303 in my most recent home. The basics tell me that with the age I need a new cat, and a throat hood (worn). What I can not tell is if this particular stove had the side fire bricks. There are no signs of over heating.

Now I can see the side fire bricks listed as a part for the Intrepid, but when I go to VC they do not have it listed to purchase. I also notice others on this forum with inside pics did not have the side fire bricks.

So my question after all of that is do all Intrepid models have the side fire bricks or just the newer models?

Any help\insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

man, i bought a VC intrepid II cat. brand new from dealer in 06/07 and there are no firebricks.. i dont really know if it is the 1303 or not.

love my stove.

Go to hearthtalk.com and ask Elk. He knows everything about this stove and has rebuilt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.