New (to me!) Keystone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpl1nh

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Newfields NH
Here's the new replacement to my old Jotul Combifire #4. Didn't intend to buy a stove, but found this on Criagslist, 4 years old, for $500 and couldn't pass it up! This is my first photo attachment attempt. Hope it works. Had first small fire this past Tuesday. Be firing it up again Sat and Sunday night with the cold front passing, I'm sure!

Attachments

• 000_0436-1.JPG
    000_0436-1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 633
Nice looking stove. Is that soap stone I see on it?

Yes sir! Been leaning this direction for a longtime with the reservations about not getting quick heat from it. I figure I'll learn how to get around that shortcoming. The one small fire I lit so far just gently warmed the house by 3 degrees for about 10 hours, exactly what I wanted. It;s a whole new heating ballgame after the steel Combifire! I had planned on buying a new one when money became available (if ever!) so I jumped on this opportunity.

Nice Install....Yeah...a soapstone for $500 bucks...talk about right place at the right time.

Looks great and that's one smokin' deal!

elkimmeg said:
Man. Did you use a gun and a mask $500? Looking goooood
lLOL, if you call trying to keep a straight face and acting non-chalant a mask, guess I'm guilty. Every once in a while you just come across a deal too good to pass up. Guess my obligation is to put it to good use!

Status
Not open for further replies.