new to me used car

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
I bought a 2007 ford five hundred limited AWD, This thing is loaded with everything and has just 22,000 miles on it 13,900 cash deal. Good price??

pics...

500.jpg

505.jpg

503.jpg

what ya all think...

Need it for my 120 mile a day commute, the f150 was killing me in gas @ 120 a week

should be better than the f150. what size engine?

wildbillx8 said:
should be better than the f150. what size engine?

It has a v-6 3.0 i believe 203 hp and a CVT tranny. My F150 had just over 309,xxx on it and mostly all oem, even the battery was the one that came with it when it was new in 97. gas mileage was horrible at 15-16 highway, this 500 gets upwards of 26+ on the highway.

Nice looking vehicle. Gas pedal don't stick. Good deal.
Big question
How much wood will it haul? :) (kidding)

My immediate thought was more along the lines of hauling plywood, Bogy.. Looks like a nice score, bet it smells really clean inside, too. Will definitely beat the hell out of the truck for highway driving!

I like those 500's Nice car, sounds like a good deal. Hope you got the extended warranty. Enjoy the new ride

Looks like a nice ride. How do you like it?
About those Motorcraft batteries. I sold my '96 F250 in '08 and it had the original battery too.

Flatbedford said:
Looks like a nice ride. How do you like it?
About those Motorcraft batteries. I sold my '96 F250 in '08 and it had the original battery too.

Tha car is amazing with the ride quality and comfort. I still have my 96 f150 for any wood/pellet/plowing duties. You can actually fold down the back seat in the car then the passenger seat folds flat and you can place a 8' step ladder inside and still close the trunk. Very well thought out car. koodos to ford..

Isn't that a Taurus now ?
500 is supposed to be a nice cruiser from what I've read.

I had one for a company car,but not awd.There was a problem with the rear brakes,they would wear out faster than the front.The rotors were supposed to be replaced under warranty per ford's bulletin.I just had mine turned although ford says not to and never had any problems.Just keep the cvt trans serviced.Ireally liked mine.

500/Taurus is a nice car, nice comfort and dependable. My wife had an 08 Taurus. The only real knock on the 500 was a lack of power relative to the class. When the car changed to Taurus, it got a 265 hp 3.5 liter engine. Price sounds reasonable so it should be a good car for you. Congrats.

It seems like the American cars are starting to be pretty good cars these days. Too bad it took 20 years and many lost customers, for them to catch up to the Asian and European makers. I have an '06 Ford Focus that I bought new for under $13,000 and it is the top model with almost all the bells and whistles. It is a great, reliable car. Just over 80,000 miles in just under 4 years and only oil changes and a set of tires so far. Still has the original brakes.

Yeah, Sounds like a good deal to me!

I think I could handle driving one of those! From what I've read, they're fun cars to drive. With that engine and AWD, they get up and move nicely.

-SF

Flatbedford said:
I have an '06 Ford Focus that I bought new for under $13,000 and it is the top model with almost all the bells and whistles. It is a great, reliable car. Just over 80,000 miles in just under 4 years and only oil changes and a set of tires so far. Still has the original brakes.

With all that driving you do, I imagine you probably don't stop much!!

I'm getting tired of my one hour (each way) commute. Putting 25k miles per year on a car is starting to get old, even for somebody who likes to drive! We're pretty easy on brakes too, 'cause it's almost all highway.

-SF

I do just over 40 miles each way in and out of NYC early in the morning and late at night. The car is a 5 spd and I work very hard at not using the brakes. I keeps me for getting bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.