New to Me Used Englander-update w/install pics post#20

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

picked this up tonite, for a second stove(basement)
did a test burn, just to get the feel for it and make sure everything works.
anyway of telling a year if the label is missing from inside the hopper?

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 977
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,007
Has to be '03 or older. All '04 & newer stoves have ignitors.

Might be a way to narrow it down further, but a call to Englander tech Service and speak to Mike Holton might get you the exact year.

Actually I found where the previous owner(75yo) wrote in the manual that its an 01 purchased in 04.
Thanks Mac.

Glad you found what year it is. The pic of it burning looks pretty good, but a COMPLETE teardown and cleaning is in order....remove all motors, augers, ash trap doors, etc, etc, and do a very complete cleaning. Might be a good time to order a complete gasket kit....Englander has them on sale right now.

Attachments

• 25PDVCsc.jpg
    25PDVCsc.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 863
Mac- gasket kit ordered.
Don- nice write up.

def gonna do a complete teardown.

Here is a link to replacing the burn pot gasket on your stove, maybe it will be helpful to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVka7BUgkc

After I installed a hopper extension to my 25pdvc my 11 yo son began telling his friends that we heated the house with an "Old Abe Heat Monster".

We got the hopper extension from a seller on ebay, it was easy to install and works great.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1500-Pellet...410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4156b855d2

Good luck, they are good stoves, ours seems to be able to burn any grade of pellet we have put in it.

started to freshen her up tonite.
I am impressed with the simplicity of this thing.
comparing it to my quad.
got a good cleaning.
and some fresh paint inside.
just waiting for the gasket kit to show up.

Attachments

• IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 794
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 776
and more

Attachments

• IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 754
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 758
and more again

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 793
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 762
you will love that stove. I bought one in february, so only ran it a few months and I love it. ( it is a liitle loud though). I just hooked up a T-stat today and currently testing it out. Enjoy

smoke show said:
picked this up tonite, for a second stove(basement)
did a test burn, just to get the feel for it and make sure everything works.
anyway of telling a year if the label is missing from inside the hopper?

2001 or older can tell by the "hook type" lid latches 02 and newer have current "flush" latches. if you look at the back of the control board for a "prom" chip 1/4 inch wide about 1" long lower left portion of the baord , look at the white label, rev 3 is 2001 , rev 2a is 2000-1999 rev 2 is 1008

FWIW i looked at the pictures you posted , the lower auger motor was replaced (can tell by the shaft bearing on motor , top is origional, blowers are origional it appears as is the control board , biggest thing with a used PDVC to look for is the firewall in the back above the cleanout behind the baffle , a stove not maintained properly will warp there. overall though the unit from what i can see looks to be in excellent condition for a 10 year old unit. i suspect you will get several years of solid service from her, she's a solid unit

correct the previous owner told me it was.
he also said tech support walked him thru diagnosis and how awesome you guys are.
keep up the good work!

here she is installed, have not burned it yet.
maybe tonite or tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 606
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 609
a couple more

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 588
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 632
Oh yea i know i dont stand a chance in an uninsulated basement.
It does have 1" foam on the outside and the coldest it gets down there is 55.

Man you guys with dry basements make me puke!!!!!!!! I never realized Englanders exhaust pipes were off set before.

Status
Not open for further replies.