New to me.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Haven't been around much. Decided it was time to get back into restoring the Fiat Spider that I have. Accidentally stumbled onto another car I've been wanting for a while now, so that will take even more of my time and money. This car actually means no 361/2 this year, so that's a bummer.

It's a 1976 Fiat 128 2dr Sedan.

Inspected it a couple of weeks ago, but I don't pick it up until the June 12th (next saturday). Probably won't get it on the road for a while because I've got other stuff to do and there was some significant rust in a very localized but important spot on the rear crossmember.

Anybody around here know of any Fiats or Yugos hiding in a barn somewhere?

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 276
2 door sedan??? isn't that a coupe? I've always been confused by these designations. DOn't the brits call them saloons too?
Kinda looks like a BMW 2002 in the front, very cool ride, and canary yellow.....eye catcher.

Fix It Again Tony!

What a cool looking car.

yeah, it's a sedan. the coupes had more of a swooping rear. more like a hatchback kinda thing.

mayhem said:
The hood is open.
That's one of the nice things about a Fiat. If the hood latch breaks at least it doesn't blow the hood right off of your car. Plus it looks neat with the hood up.

Not sure about the foreign cars, but in the 60's, the distinction between Sedan & Coupe was what the windows rolled up into at the roof.
I believe the Coupe had the weather stripping in the roof channel, which the windows rolled up into, and did not have the framing & window channel on top of the door.
The Sedans had a framing/channels around the window opening of the doors etc, which the window rolled up into.

Status
Not open for further replies.