New to the site just saying Hi!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
New to the site seems to have alot of great info. Been burning wood now for over 15 years and love it. I love cutting and spliting wood due to the fact I love the outdoors. Hope to chat with you guys and gals and pick up some new things. Thanks Mark

Welcome.......Nice Equiment! Your not to far from me.

Hey Thanks and we are real close was just in Anderson went to buy a 086 but it was sold before I got there. Nice to meet you too.

Naandme said:
New to the site seems to have alot of great info. Been burning wood now for over 15 years and love it. I love cutting and spliting wood due to the fact I love the outdoors. Hope to chat with you guys and gals and pick up some new things. Thanks Mark

Welcome to the board Mark.

Zap

Naandme said:
Hey Thanks and we are real close was just in Anderson went to buy a 086 but it was sold before I got there. Nice to meet you too.

086 or 084? Looking to mill?

iT WAS AN 084.....fRICKEN BOOTH MISSED THAT ONE!

Well I just ran across the saw for sell at a good price and thought I would pick it up I am going to look at a older wood mizer mill thats for sell but don't really know much about milling. I will be looking for info about it after I see what model it is and if its worth buying I will keep you posted about it.

Welcome to the forum Mark. Looks like you have a good assortment of tools. What type of wood do you burn and what do you burn it in?

I'm new here as well, I have learned a lot and met a lot of nice helpful people here, I think you will too.

Welcome.....

Welcome, like the old Ford tractor, first tractor I ever worked over 50 yrs ago.

Thanks for the posts and the welcomes! Dennis I have a very old ROHN stove which I have had for about 15 years it has a blower and heats the house great. Had a Shenandoah it was a great stove but no blower and flue came out of back instead of the top so it took up more room, its in my work shop now. I try to burn mostly oak, hickory, hackberry, osage orange, maple and black locust. But have found that all wood is good if its seasoned lol But I try to stick with the ones I mentioned. That old tractor has pulled out alot of wood from fence rows and woods its my back saver!

Your signature says you have 6 chainsaws. That must be why I don't see many trees in your avatar picture. Welcome.

Naandme said:

Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum you'll fit right in here..

Ray

Naandme said:
That old tractor has pulled out alot of wood from fence rows and woods its my back saver!

Amen to that! I have a 52 Ford 8N that I use frequently to haul logs and rounds out of my woods. One of the best tools I have.

Welcome to the forum. By the looks of your equipment list, we'll be learning a lot from you too!

LOL I guess saws got to be sort of a obbsesion but I hate to be down cause one is broke (I guess still an obbsesion LOL) Just came in from cutting a nice big black locust be great for next year!

Welcome aboard, or a log or two, you'll met some of the best people here ever, enjoy.

Welcome aboard. As a one time offer (since you are new here) I feel it's necessary for me to inform you that you have CAD and the only cure is to sell me the 011 and the 066. In order to make sure you don't use the money to buy another saw, I will have to help you out by only offering you pennies on the dollar for them...

at any rate, you are gonna fit right in with that equipment list.

Danno sounds like a heck of a deal were do i sign LOL Thanks for the welcome its raining here so its some preventive maintance on saws and start cutting again tommorow

Naandme said:
Thanks for the posts and the welcomes! Dennis I have a very old ROHN stove which I have had for about 15 years it has a blower and heats the house great. Had a Shenandoah it was a great stove but no blower and flue came out of back instead of the top so it took up more room, its in my work shop now. I try to burn mostly oak, hickory, hackberry, osage orange, maple and black locust. But have found that all wood is good if its seasoned lol But I try to stick with the ones I mentioned. That old tractor has pulled out alot of wood from fence rows and woods its my back saver!

Those were good stoves for sure. Glad you got one in the shop as that makes winter work much better! I couldn't agree with you more on the seasoned wood. Most folks are really amazed if they ever get their hands on some good seasoned wood. Well, we even see that posted here from time to time. rdust even has some of our wood that he will be burning this week. That stuff is 7 or 8 years old now. We are basically out of that now but still have enough for a couple fires. Then it is all white ash. You know what that stuff is like after the Asians gave us the bug...

As for the tractor, I've put in many hours on one of those. We used to cultivate a lot with one so there were many hours spent. I even mounted a radio on ours for when I was cultivating as it helped pass the time.

Welcome to the Big Show. Fun for the whole family.

Just as a reminder - we like pictures. It doesn't really matter of what, either. :lol: Saws, splitters, tractors, piles of wood, the woods, the operation, the stove, the pets....well, you get the picture.

Hang around, there are a bunch of great folks on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.