New Wood Pellet Stove Video shows shop vac fines removal while pouring pellets in!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• VacuumHopperWhilePouring.jpg
    VacuumHopperWhilePouring.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 828
  • PelletStoveHopperFinesShopVacAdapter1sc.jpg
    PelletStoveHopperFinesShopVacAdapter1sc.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 774
Franks said:
I think its time we saw a picture of Don222

Agreed Franks, Can we see the man behind the mirror?

There was a Thread in the Hearth Room, Ash Can, or DIY section (One of the Forums). That had a Thread for pictures of "You". That way people could place a face to your name (User name).

Hmmm... interesting...

How many hands does that take to do?!? Just burn them fines, no big deal... What? Oh, it ain't a Harman?? <sigh> Well then, I guess you'd better individually dust off each pellet and carefully stack it in the hopper. :)

Don2222 said:
Hello

See new Napoleon Video on Youtube and pic below.

Here is where my new screened attachment comes in handy!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/67560/

Here are the other ways of sifting out the fines!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71392/

See my screen attachment in the last pic below!

Good review of the use of this stove. I have this unit, but I must admit I no longer concern myself with the fines. They just burn right up. They do accumulate, but only just so much. Never have experienced a clogging of the Auger. I clean it out with the leaf blower vac system after every ton and never have any build up anywhere after I use that method. That gasket for the motor is $9.00! Someone(s) is making some money on that one! Would like to figure out how to make your own gasket and use the right material.

Although not a full-time burner I went through 1.5 tons last season. I had no more than 1-2 small thimbles of fines when I cleaned the unit several weeks ago.

Here are a couple Pellet Sifting Vacuum set-ups.. The one with the Blue Shop-Vac and Pellet Room behind it, is mine and the other sifter with the Home Depot bucket is imacman's.. Seeing his sifter, is what inspired me to make mine.. Works great. No Dust Upstairs. No Fines in the hopper (AT ALL)... Only takes a Minute.. Literally.

Attachments

• My Pellet Sifter.jpg
    My Pellet Sifter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 471
  • imacman's sifter.jpg
    imacman's sifter.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 471
Status
Not open for further replies.