New Wood Shed almost done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayakkeith

Sep 20, 2010
West Virginia
The new wood shed is almost done - its 20 feet long and about 10 feet high and width is about 10 feet. As you can see from the pic my piles have fallen over but they will be moved into shed this weekend or so - better pictures when I get it done

Attachments

• IMG_8043.jpg
    IMG_8043.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,059
Looks great!!! Good Job!!!

Looking good Keith! You're gonna love it when the snow flies or it rains..

Ray

Nice looking shed you got there :zip:

Very Nice shed!

Looks real good Keith. Now do a better job of stacking when you put that wood in the shed. lol

will get a good pic up later but question on stacking - I am putting in a crushed gravel floor over some tarp - would I need to stack the wood on platelets or just on the rock? Or at least on some junk wood if not pallets

Keith, it is always better to get the wood off the ground, even if only an inch or two. Some junk wood will work fine and if you like pallets they work too. I just don't like pallets so do not use them. I just go out in the woods and cut some saplings and lay them down. They are good for a few years and the only cost is a little time and a little gas for the saw.

Looks nice!

Judging by the walkway stones, you have a bit of a hike to get wood however......

Do you shovel that walk all that way, in the winter?

-Soupy1957

no - in our area there is usually 3 foot of snow on the ground all winter - basically the shed is for the supply of wood for seasoning. As fall approaches I will put a couple cords on big racks on the porch and beside the house. I also will snow blow a trail out to this new shed and periodically bring a couple wheel barrows up if needed but again the shed will be for the big storage of stuff. Looks like I can get about 8 to 10 cords in shed so I will have a couple years supply always down there. Last year all of the wood I burned was near the house . This year the shed was done to start the long term storage solution

looks prefect. What did that cost I know your own labor is priceless. Just trying figure how much to save. And how much time to include. Not that I have either time or the money. Can't wait for close up pictures.

until I get the rock down and stuff probably close to $1500 - the framing is all pressure treated wood and the side stuff is hemlock

Looks great. nice front eve !!
I like the location of the chair, just need to sit in it (with a beer in the holder) & enjoy the view.
(oops, maybe it's the bosses chair :) )
Where'd you find level ground in WV ?? Must be on a ridge top :) (Preston county WV my roots)

Isn't that just like Bogydave? Sit and drink a beer rather than splitting that wood! :lol: :)

Sorry Dave, I just had to do some picking on you.

yea its a ridge top all right - Tucker County - Davis -WV - highest town in WV - we are the top of the mountains - thats why we get so much snow

kayakkeith said:
until I get the rock down and stuff probably close to $1500 - the framing is all pressure treated wood and the side stuff is hemlock

I call BS! I know that contractor too well--doesn't he have a $5,000 minimum price? :)

$1500 was materials another $1700 about for labor - here is the latest pic and all that needs to be done yet is stone for floor - will start stacking tomorrow.

materials were all pressure treated wood for framing and rough cut hemlock for sides. Metal roof

Attachments

• IMG-20110617-000641.jpg
    IMG-20110617-000641.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 357
oh the size - 20 feet wide by 10 feet and highest point is about 10 ft and lowest about 7 feet

Backwoods Savage said:
Isn't that just like Bogydave? Sit and drink a beer rather than splitting that wood! :lol: :)

Sorry Dave, I just had to do some picking on you.

Sit & drink beer & watch my Son in Law split wood is even better :) LOL

kayakkeith said:

Smart to use pressure treated the bugs won't eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.