New year, New puppy....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
My girlfriend came home with a new puppy on new years eve. I was upset at first but of course like puppies do, she grew on me. She got her from a retriever rescue that got her and two sisters from somewhere down south. We believe she's a retriever coon hound mix. I've always wanted a red lab and she's got the exact color of one. She's still very shy but is warming up to us little by little. She follows my 5yr old lab all over the house lol.

Macy.jpg

Macy%20001.jpg

Rescue pets are the best!!! I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, all adopted nothing but love from all 4

She certainly looks comfortable :)

Great looking pup! My "Oggie" was a rescue, 11 years now. She is my best friend in the whole world. Nothing like the unconditional love from a dog. :)

Nice looking pup, a friend for life.

zap

Cute puppy . . .

she's a cutie! Your older dog will work wonders in helping you to train her. We have had about a 5 year gap bewteen ages of pups and the resident dog over the years and the older one has shown the newbie the ropes every time.

She's adorable! And she actually sits in a crate?!? KEEPER!!

Though I'm sure people get in unfortunate circumstances some times, people that get their animals into rescue should spend some 'crate-time'.

Thanks everyone!

ISee... She loves her crate! It's a safe haven for her so we just leave the door open all day and let her go in and out as she pleases. I did that with my lab and she has free roam of the house now but if i even whisper the word "kennel", in she goes.

...and don't think for a minute she'll forget she was rescued!
It's been my experience that rescued dogs are super-devoted to their rescuer.

And her name is????

My friend has a rescued dog from a shelter . . . beautiful dog and very cute . . . but for some reason I scare her . . . every time she sees me she starts growling and cowers in fear . . . all I can figure is that someone with my build, ugly looks, etc. must have abused her.

firefighterjake said:
My friend has a rescued dog from a shelter . . . beautiful dog and very cute . . . but for some reason I scare her . . . every time she sees me she starts growling and cowers in fear . . . all I can figure is that someone with my build, ugly looks, etc. must have abused her.

We have had the same experience---our old (rescued) Lab (gone on to his reward) was absolutely terrified of
2 of my nephews; they both LOVE dogs and are the sweetest guys ya want to meet. They are
both tall, skinny and have DEEP voices--any time they would go near Shadow he'd shake in his
skin, cower and pee. We also came to the conclusion that someone had abused him.

Her name's Macy..So far she loves my girlfriend to death and follows her everywhere. Me on the other hand, she's definately scared of. I just keep holding her and givin her treats every chance i get. Hopefully she realizes im an ok guy lol. Here's a few better pics my g/f's friend took of her.

macy2.jpg

macy3.jpg

macy4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.