NEWP Born on date

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
I looked at some of the other threads on the subject but rather than hijack, I figured I'd start fresh.

I moved my NEWPs from my off site storage area to the basement today. The date of bag manufacture is 4/6/11 with an MT under it and the perforated code in the bag is exactly like this:

What would you say the date of bag filling is based on that? Is there a way to tell which plant? I purchased these in May at my stove shop in Southern NH.

They use a Julian Calendar system. First digit is year and last three are day of the year out of 365. 1=2011. Should be April 21 2011 for 1111 and the 4521 number that should be under the 1111 and I have not been told what that pertains to but I have a feeling it is something with what machine shift or time that the pellets were bagged. I only had about 50 tons with the second set of numbers on the bag. Hope this helps.

Meneillys said:
They use a Julian Calendar system. First digit is year and last three are day of the year out of 365. 1=2011. Should be April 21 2011 for 1111 and the 4521 number that should be under the 1111 and I have not been told what that pertains to but I have a feeling it is something with what machine shift or time that the pellets were bagged. I only had about 50 tons with the second set of numbers on the bag. Hope this helps.

Thanks. Is there a way to tell which plant they came from?

Not to my knowledge. That may be in that other 4 digit number.

This is interesting as my bag manufacture date is 8/14/11 and the pierced code is:

They may have changed the code. I can ask but im not sure I will get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.