NEWP = Greene Supremes...is there any real differnence in quality?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy_Boy

Sep 13, 2011
Lakes Region NH
My local Lowes has Greene Supremes in stock for 197 a ton while most of the other places that sell NEWP are priced anywheres from 235 to 260 a ton. Is there any real difference between the Greenes and the NEWP? It says right on the bag that the Greens are a product of NEWP. Are they a factory second or are they the real deal? Now I'm not really wild about NEWP....but for only 197 a ton and with my trusty !0% off coupon that seems like a no brainer. I don't really mind cleaning my stove more often either, if that makes any kind of difference. Thanks guys.

This is bound to tick off the NEWP dealers! But no there isn't any difference besides batch variation. Another variation would be plant compared to plant. NEWP's, Warm Front and Green Supremes produced in NH should see minimal differences between them. Same Goes for each of the 2 NY plants.

Thats good news! Now last year I burned Maine Woods pellets and Energex(canadian) and had little problems. Any idea on how the NEWP/Greene Supremes compare to what I burned last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.