Newtown CT free fire wood..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
trees for firewood (newtown, ct)

Date: 2011-04-02, 10:59PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Two trees are down on the ground in my backyard. Both are hardwood and came down this winter. Your chainsaw and truck can have it all. I can take care of the branches if you just cut them off and leave them.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Anyone want to cut it up????

worked this weekend and some crappy weather in store for the week but might have to see about this one.

You going after this one, H_P?

I have a little tiny truck and more then enough wood at my in law's so i do not need the wood but if someone needed help i could take a little for my effort in return for helping out.

That's a pretty good hike for a freebie. I try to keep the freebie scrounges to less than 15 miles. Just my .02.

KC

Does anyone know how to get in contact with this craigslist poster. When I click on the email I cant send it?

I tried emailing sunday am. still no response.

I normally copy it over in to my hotmail account as it never works when i click the link.

Yep it's a long drive but i work in Ridgefield so it's an easy swing off the highway if i was driving by that day.

KC did you hit up the the logging down the road from ya?

I was wondering the same KC, did you see it all ready to go over there?
A friendly note couldn't hurt.

Right now I have bigger problems. I heard someone has been drinking my beer!

KC

Well, I was able to have one of "my" beers last night.

Thanx, Doug.

KC

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/zip/2313390508.html

ILL LET YOU RAKE ALL MY LEAVES BUT NO STICKS (THEY HAVE TO GO IN A NEAT PILE 3 MILES AWAY ) LEAVES MUST BE IN HEFTY BAGS THAT YOU MUST SUPPLY.THEN I WILL LET YOU HAVE 99 PERCENT OF THEM TO TAKE WITH YOU...PS..YOU HAVE TO WALK UP A VERY STEEP HILL TO GET TO MY PROPERTY. PSS...THERE ARE A FEW PILES OF WHAT MY DOG LEFT BEHIND.FEEL FREE TO TAKE THOSE WITH YOU TOO...

lol

in response to:

there is wood waiting for you here. all you need is your saw and equipment, sign an insurance waiver to chop trees on my land and you keep 50 per cent of the wood chopped. the 50 per cent that stays here is chopped as well and left with us. we will allow you to chop from 8-6pm seven days a week if you want to. the trees are ones that grow inCt. there are no pines. simple as that. the brush needs to be put in a neat pile in designated areas on the property. email us your name, town and phone number for futher details. we want this task completed asap before the leaves start to come. Makes both of our lives easier in the clearing process.

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/zip/2313292257.html

Status
Not open for further replies.