Next Year and More

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djblech

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Bruno MN
I went out to my woods today and dropped at least 25 Birch trees. The tops on these had none of the really small branches, just stubs 1' and bigger. when they hit the ground the top 10-15 ft just shatters. We had a drought about 2 yrs ago and the birch never recovered. Now I will pull them in to a landing with the tractor and buck them up. I will be splitting them before loading and hauling back home. (Its only 3 miles to home).
Doug

If you can, set aside some 6-8" rounds about 18" long. Put 'em on Craigs List in bundles of 6-8 rounds around the Christmas season and you can get decent money.

Shari said:
If you can, set aside some 6-8" rounds about 18" long. Put 'em on Craigs List in bundles of 6-8 rounds around the Christmas season and you can get decent money.

That's a great idea. We used to save a few small birch rounds to for lookin' nice in the fireplace @ my parents place.

Heck of a day of cutting. Must have been some good sized Birch in there to get a couple seasons out of 25.

whoops :red:

They must have averaged 16" in diameter because I could just cut through them with my 18" bar. I had some down from last year and I took down about 6 maples that were kind of narly looking. That's a good idea with the 6"-8" rounds. Plenty of branches that size.
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.