NH boiler pressure vessel bill in the State Senate tomorrow.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
House Bill 1688 will be discussed before the Senate Executive Departments and Administration Committee tomorrow. House Bill 1688 text can be found at this site: http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2010/HB1688 . Basically:

I. Notwithstanding any provisions of the state building code or state fire code, the board shall adopt a code and amendments thereto which shall regulate the installation and operation of biomass burning boilers. The code adopted shall include the 1999 EN 303-5 standard established by the European Committee for Standardization, and shall include requirements for the safe installation, operation, and repair of such boilers, and for data plates and warning labels written in English, limits on temperature and pressure with associated relief valves, and the filing of construction and emissions specifications written in English.

The bill instructs the Commissioner of Labor, in charge of pressure vessels in NH, to adopt the European pressure vessel norm EN303-5.

We appreciate any support we might get from NH citizens interested in seeing this bill pass.

Time and Place: Tuesday April 6, at 3 PM in room 101 of the Legislative Office Building, Concord, NH before the Senate Executive Departments and Administration Committee.

Sure wish I could help with this. If this passes this should pave the way for consideration from other states. If me writing from Wisconsin will do any good please let me know, Randy

The meeting went well. There is opposition from the State's Fire Marshall, some insurance representatives, and the State Boiler Board. It appears that the State Senate is likely to pass the bill, but still has a few questions. I have been told that it was apparent that the Senate Committee wanted concrete reasons not to favor the bill rather than elementary scare tactics. I was not able to attend myself, so I don't have a personal sense for the flow of the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.