Some of you might remember that I thought I had scored the mother load of Oak a few months ago from a local day camp. That fell through when the foundation that runs the camp wanted my home owner's insurance company involved, a waiver, etc. A couple weeks ago my contact at the camp emailed to tell me that there was other wood at the camp that had been cut a few years ago and I could come take it if I wanted, without all the insurance crap. I met with him to have a look and found a nice pile of Black Locust. Most of it had been cut up by a tree company, but there was still about 12' of trunk on the uprooted stump. I had some time off from work last week so I took the F250 over to pick it up. I left the old flatbed home this time because I was afraid to drive on the soft, hilly grass with out 4 wheel drive. Here's the pile. I used the truck to drag this one out before I cut it to length It was probably just over 1/2 cord of nice, fast seasoning Black Locust. I had to cut most of the rounds down by a few inches for my Fireview. I tried to set things up so that I could trim and split right off the truck and not have to lift too many times. With this scrounge, I am pretty much done until I start burning in the fall. Even my shoulder wood will be Black Locust this winter!