Nice little lunch time score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
The power company came through back in January/February trimming trees along the powerlines. As soon as the snow melted I saw a couple guys going up and down the road loading their trucks and thought I was too late but figured I would take the dog for a walk and see what I could find. To my surprise there was still a lot of good wood left so at lunch time I got in the truck and started loading it up. Got a little bit of everything red oak, white oak, maple, ash, yellow birch and even a little locus. It's kind of hard to tell but there are some large pieces of a yellow birch in the bottom. The maple, locus and ash feel really nice and dry. Didn't take me long at all to fill the truck. Looks like a lot of small stuff in the picture but there is a lot of larger pieces in there.

4fdbe514.gif

aef36b82.gif

Nothing wrong with that. I would have done the same if in your place.

Might as well take it and burn it than let it rot on the side of the road. Could have got more but I had to get back to work. Maybe this weekend I'll see what else I can find.

Pretty good score for a lunch time gig!

Pretty good score for a lunch break. It all adds up, might as well get all you can.

Sometimes it does pay more than you think when you go for a walk. Good for you for getting that wood Albert.

I havn't scored at lunch for a long time. ;-)

woodsmaster said:
I havn't scored at lunch for a long time. ;-)

I thought about using "nooner" in the title of this post! Lol

woodchip said:
Nice profitable dog walk there ;-)

It was like finding treasure! Tomorrow morning I'm going to head off in the opposite direction to see what I can find down that way.

Here is the wood unloaded from the truck ready to be cut to length. I split some of the smaller pieces of ash and yellow birch and they showed 34 - 36 mc so they'll go in next years stacks.

5bac19b7.jpg

d25f1834.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.