Night score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
Got my first night score. Stacked out to about 2 cord and took an hour and a half after work. Best part was the neighbor poached all the limbwood before I got there and I didn't have to take anything under 10" in diameter. Been a good week. Have a 2 cord per day 3 day streak going.

Attachments

• 111110 night score.jpg
    111110 night score.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 320
Solar nice score, you must be getting tight on room for wood.

zap

Thanks Zap, this week puts me over 35. I'm going to have to set up an area for a second heap or find a new hobby.

SolarAndWood said:
Thanks Zap, this week puts me over 35. I'm going to have to set up an area for a second heap or find a new hobby.

Solar that looks like maple.

zap

Yep, the 6 cord this week came from 2 silver maples. Those things produce a lot of wood. Not primo, but I'll make 8x8s out of those big rounds and it will do fine.

zapny said:
you must be getting tight on room for wood.

I got a better look at this when I unloaded the second load this morning. I think after the 6 cord from this week are processed, this spot will be full as I need to leave enough room between the heap and the garden to get the tractor through.

Attachments

• 111210 split terrace.jpg
    111210 split terrace.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 111210 ramp.jpg
    111210 ramp.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 242
Dang! Good week!!

For some reason the title of this thread had me thinking about something else.

FireAnt said:
Dang! Good week!!

Definitely a good week. The problem is when the terrace I made for splitting on fills up like this, rounds start jumping off it. My trailer was probably 20' vertically above where this one ended up. Someone could have been really hurt. That is one of the reasons I don't like working in the dark.

Attachments

• 111210 runaway round.jpg
    111210 runaway round.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 235
SolarAndWood said:
FireAnt said:
Dang! Good week!!

Definitely a good week. The problem is when the terrace I made for splitting on fills up like this, rounds start jumping off it. My trailer was probably 20' vertically above where this one ended up. Someone could have been really hurt. That is one of the reasons I don't like working in the dark.

Great Score!

looks awesome. keep up the hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.