NJ (Vernon) Free Alert - 10 Cords Seasoned and Split Available Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2010
Central, NJ
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/2625618319.html

Free Firewood (Vernon)
Date: 2011-09-30, 2:17PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have approx 10 cords of firewood seasoned and split. i am moving and need to get rid of it today. I can load you up with my machine. first come first serve. today only call 973 670-4684.
thanks Bob

I NEVER thought Id say this ----- but " I wish I was in New Jersey"

damn.

Which exit? It's all gone anyway.

Is this the Vernon in Sussex Co? Your handle says central NJ and I know NJ has many duplicate town names.

If you're in Sussex Co Vernon and still have some left - I will glady come by

Hey Bass.

Sorry, it's not mine. I just posted it hoping someone from the board could benefit. Sometime it's good to live in Joisey.

Ah - I see. Thanks for posting it. I called Bob and left a message. Not sure why anyone would give wood away. I smell a scam. His answering machine is a tree and landscape business. If he really needs to give it away - I'll be glad to help! Vernon is 5 minutes away!

wood-fan-atic said:

:lol: :lol:

wood-fan-atic said:

HEY!!! Dem's fightin woids! ;)

basswidow said:
Ah - I see. Thanks for posting it. I called Bob and left a message. Not sure why anyone would give wood away. I smell a scam. His answering machine is a tree and landscape business. If he really needs to give it away - I'll be glad to help! Vernon is 5 minutes away!

I got half a cord of oak (some a little rotten) from a guy in a similar situation. He was moving and the people who bought the house wanted him to remove the wood. If I was buying a house with a wood fireplace I'd wnat to keep the firewood but, hey, that's just me.

I scored about 2 cord of well seasoned oak from someone who bought a house that had a woodstove and didnt want the wood or the woodstove.

i also just moved and ended up selling all of my wood (8 cord) for 100 bucks a cord. could have got more for it, but didnt have the time or the energy to deal with it during the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.