No cost pellet duster.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Take the bag of pellets outside on a breezy day and pour them into your pellet pail from about 3' high. The fines go with the wind and the pellets drop into the pail. Maybe a little rough in February. but ? Something else to think about. Maybe use a box fan??? I did it with the corn I have and worked great.

That is a very good idea, but as you say in the middle of winter it can be quite cold.

If you haven't already, check out the below thread in its entirety. Several of us have made this very inexpensive but very effective pellet vac/corn vac for less than $20.00 in materials - you'll need a shop vac of course.

Go Here.

Steve

you're also at the mercy of mother nature to give you a breezy day

MERCY??? All this is fun. Stuff you do when you don't drink anymore. Just kiddin. It was just something I laughed about as I poured the corn / pellet mixture into my pellet pail. It was not intentional. But it did do the job. Oh yea, my local sawmill in Hughesville Md. Is ready to crank up there new pellet mill. They said it should be up and running soon. I was purchasing some lumber and jokingly asked when they were going to invest in a pellet mill. To my surprise he said it was already in place and should be running within the next week. Ill keep you posted.

Tony D

I am originally from Baltimore then Carroll Cnty. How close to there is Hughesville?

About an hr. Charles/St Marys County Line. Amish Country. Actually It was an Amish sawyer who told me about the mill starting up. My wife and I are thinking about movin up close to you. York, Lancaster ect. Im from Phila. moved here when i was 12.

Wind can be your friend. I used this setup till I started using a box screener. I still use the fan.

HPIM0760.jpg

One cheap way if your into vacuuming the fines out.....someone posted last winter.... take a big rubbermaid tub....pour a bag of pellets in so it is spout evenly in the tub, place a fine screen in the tub flat.....take a shop vac and vacuum and the fines go through the screen. I dont vacuum my fines out.....but this idea didnt sound to bad either when I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.