No feed in Ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

careerac

Dec 27, 2008
Ontario
Castile, four years old. Well maintained (though it's rusting). Just replaced the exhaust blower. Everthing works except won't feed any fuel. Exhaust pipes are clean, as are heat exchangers. I tried snap button number two and other stuff in owner's manual. Suggestions? Possible to bypass vacuum switch so I can determine if it is a faulty vacuum switch? Thanks.

Make sure the hose is clear, take a nail or some thing and make sure the connector on the stove is not plugged. The vacuum switch can be jumped, unplug stove, jump, then plug back in.

Unhook both wires and connect them together anyway you can, I use a jumper with small alligator clips. One way is cut off a piece of old extension cord, strip the ends of a short piece and jam it into the connectors. If you are not sure of your skills maybe a friend or relative with DIY skills can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.