No longer anxious to burn!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Surveying the site today, and looking at the 4 cords under tarps, the 7.6 in the wood sheds. and the 3 outside drying very nicely. and thinking that with 80+ temps right now, and all the work going into stacking and re-splitting that stuff, well, now maybe I ain`t in such a hurry to burn it up anymore.

I think that winter can wait for a spell. Fine by me. Just looking back and reflecting on the work stacking and re-splitting, and so it`s okayl if old man winter ain`t in no hurry. :coolgrin:

But of course I am not a new wood burner, just a old wood burner with a brand new epa insert that I would like to put thru the paces.. heh,heh. but I am patient. eh, or just a silly canuck,,eh??

I'm the same as you. As soon as the temps start dipping in the overnights, i think about cranking up the burner. But then I think, if I hold off it will be less wood that I use and therefore less wood to replace. Going out to the woodshed does put a smile on my face though.

I think what you guys think...we all know winters coming so the longer it takes the better.

This will be my first year burning wood with a purpose, but I've notice something I didn't expect after harvesting and splitting my wood piles.

It is a fight between the desire to play with my new stove and a new found love of a neatly stacked cord!

My left hand reaches for a split and my right hand smacks it away.

I never get anxious for the cold...I generally don't mind the change to fall (which seems to be coming early this year) - but if it warmed right back up just after the new year, that would be A-OK in my book! Unfortunately we'll be stuck with several more months of gray, cold, wet weather. Sometimes I think the only thing that makes it bearable is the warm glow from the crackling fire inside the 'ol stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.