No pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

korn0140

Oct 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
My Whitfield pellet stove won't drop pellets. The motor is brand new. I cleaned everything i can possibly think of and actually had the auger dropping pellets on settings 1-3 but not 4 or 5. That has since ceased and i'm totally stumped. Any friendly advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with that stove and its idiosyncrasies, but for basics stove-tech, have you emptied out the hopper yet?

If the auger is actually spinning, there could be a blockage or maybe bridging? If the bag got wet, maybe you dumped a big clump in there?

Otherwise, has the stove run this year? Is there any chance that you left pellets in the auger over the summer?

I have not given the hopper a good cleaning, it does have pellets in it. I didn't consider this as a major issue since the motor won't turn when it has power but not attached to the back of the stove. Maybe I'm wrong but i'll try that next. Thanks

could it be not sealing (door or hopper)? a lot of stoves have a safety feature so it won't feed pellets if the door is open or switch is bad making it think it is? make sense?

If that stove has one, have you tried bypassing the vacuum switch? (disconnect both leads from switch and connect them together)

If the vacuum line to the switch is clogged, or the switch is bad, it will not let the auger motor run.

Status
Not open for further replies.