No stoves or pellets at Lowes....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
So I'm visiting my no-brother-good-in-law earlier this week and he lives next door to a Lowes store. So I hop in the car and drive around the corner to check on their pellet stuff.

After about 15 minutes of looking around with no pellet stoves or pellets in sight (and darn few things related to ANY heating appliances), I ask one of the clerks where the pellet stoves are kept.. he had no idea and wasn't sure they even sold 'em! Same with pellets.... can't believe it.

Soooooo... a word to the wise to never depend on the Lowes store in Rockledge, Florida for any help with pellets.

Dumb asses.... next time I'm shopping in Miami.

krooser said:
So I'm visiting my no-brother-good-in-law earlier this week and he lives next door to a Lowes store. So I hop in the car and drive around the corner to check on their pellet stuff.

After about 15 minutes of looking around with no pellet stoves or pellets in sight (and darn few things related to ANY heating appliances), I ask one of the clerks where the pellet stoves are kept.. he had no idea and wasn't sure they even sold 'em! Same with pellets.... can't believe it.

Soooooo... a word to the wise to never depend on the Lowes store in Rockledge, Florida for any help with pellets.

Hi Krooser

Last Saturday morning, In Lowe's Salem NH, A guy before me bought 2 Tons and I just bought 2.5 tons so they had 1 bag left!!

That was from a 22 Pallet shipment of Maine's Choice they got last Thursday Night!!!

They only have a small shelf now with wood pellet supplies and a couple of stoves. They are not replacing them!

Do not know if they will get in more pellets but they have no trouble selling them at $4.18 per bag !!!

I heard that the 22 pallet truckload price of pellets is $2.50 per bag!!
We should get local groups together for a buy and save big money!!!

It is quite the opposite in Ithaca NY.. they sold out of pellets for about two weeks.. they got them back this week. All winter the pellets were steady at $3.74 a bag and now they are $4.99 a bag.. green teams... Think I will stick with country boy or barefoot for the same price...

Inlaws are in Ocala, Fla. There looking into the p-stove deal. just too far south. So there looking into a NG fireplace to snuggle up to.

Even if they had a stove shipped in, There isn't any fuel to be had. Unless you can burn orange/lemon seeds? :)

j-takeman said:
Inlaws are in Ocala, Fla. There looking into the p-stove deal. just too far south. So there looking into a NG fireplace to snuggle up to.

Even if they had a stove shipped in, There isn't any fuel to be had. Unless you can burn orange/lemon seeds? :)

I was real cold down there... almost 60F at night.... shoulda been good strove weather.

krooser said:
j-takeman said:

I was real cold down there... almost 60F at night.... shoulda been good strove weather.

Heck at almost 60 it's almost too warm out for the stove lol.

krooser said:
a word to the wise to never depend on the Lowes store in Rockledge, Florida for any help with pellets.

That is classic!

dhungy said:
It is quite the opposite in Ithaca NY.. they sold out of pellets for about two weeks.. they got them back this week. All winter the pellets were steady at $3.74 a bag and now they are $4.99 a bag.. green teams... Think I will stick with country boy or barefoot for the same price...

Hello dhungy

Looks like the prices are going up since the disel fuel for shipment is going up. That is why a grab the last 2.5 tons at 4.18 per bag!

Attachments

• LowesDelivery03082011-3sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-3sc.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 439
  • LowesDelivery03082011-4sc.jpg
    LowesDelivery03082011-4sc.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 468
krooser said:

:lol: Love it!!! Key West stocks them....... Even here in North Georgia it's hard to find pellets. Very spotty yet we have, for us, very harsh winters and almost everyone relies on heat pumps that suck below about 40 degrees PLUS energy prices are going to skyrocket, if the Imam in the White House has his way......... and it appears he does. He must have seen his shadow because he hasn't come out to do his job for quite a while. Oh well, Ash Can here we come.....

krooser said:
I heard that the 22 pallet truckload price of pellets is $2.50 per bag!!
We should get local groups together for a buy and save big money!!!

If I had a way to get them to my house/barn/garage, it would sound like a plan to discuss. I'd love to get my hands on some okies, but haven't looked into becoming a dealer yet... don't really want to... but again depends on the price.

Are you saying that is the direct price per 22 pallets, or the price from a big box on a bulk order that large?

Status
Not open for further replies.