NO THANKS!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've climbed a few trees in my time but just watching that gave me serious vertigo :)

holy cow!! those guys are something! i see that when i posted this, i left no comments. must be cuz my hands were shaking too bad!!!hahahaha. sure was something watching the free climb the last few feet, eh?

I get nervous going up past 20 feet when deer hunting. I have no idea how those guys do it.

Had a buddy who installed and painted towers. He had just installed a much shorter one than this on a ridge near Rome NY. Installed it before the FAA charts were updated. While he was up there an air Force jet came over the ridge and saw the tower at the last minute. The pilot put the jet on edge and missed the tower. My friend said that if he weren't so scared he could have read the name tag on the pilot.

had to stop watching at 4:45...guts were getting queazy! not a fan of heights,even when viewed on tape...lol.

Wow that is crazy. I'd like to see the guy that does the show Dirty Jobs do a show Scarey Jobs.

Saw this a few weeks ago. Looks like fun!

If you told me there was a cashier's check for $10,000,000 in my name, at the top of that tower, I'd run away as fast as I could. Holy crap! I'm feeling brave just making it through the video.

You would never get me up there. I bet those guys make some good money.

$10,000,000.............

I'd have to give that some serious thought :)

If they're in the IBEW they're probaly making 30-40 an hour I'd say. Hey at that height why not pack a parachute, they're only a few pounds? Who's to say when the climbing bolts are too rusty or fatigued and need to be replaced, the guy who uses his parachute :lol:

The climbing would really wear one out!

Holy cow, heights don't bother me much but man I had a hard time getting through that video!! Thanks for sharing.

thanks for posting this . i did wonder how they got up theyre. years ago i worked as a high rise glazier, on 30 to 54 floor buildings. we climbed over the edge into a swing stage scaffold. didnt like it when it got windy. i retired permanently from that type of work . still have friends doing it . after a few days everything higher than 15 ft seemed the same. i admired the steel fixers as they would walk around without harnesses. watching this video keeps me 2 feet on the ground. these days a ski lift and cleaning gutters are the only daring adventures i do. great respect for the ones who work truly hard core. pete

I would have pooped on my partner half way up

I have to admit that I couldn't make it all the way through the video. :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.