No wood cutting here today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
I was still considering trying to get the limbs off that pin oak even with the sore hip and leg. However, it wasn't bad enough with just snowing, now it is thundering too... Where is Spring?

Where is Spring? It finally came east Sav, but the stacking and cutting will be put on hold until I get rid of this cold or sinus problem I've had for two weeks.

Zap

50 and sunny but windy. The mud is drying nicely but heavy rain coming tonight and Monday. More wood burning. Be safe.
Ed

Backwoods Savage said:
Where is Spring?

It was nice enough here for a little kite flying today. Rest that hip up, biking season is coming.

Attachments

• 040311 kite flying.jpg
    040311 kite flying.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 327
Oh yeah the thunder and lightening while it was snowing was interesting! I'm done with this weather, it's starting to get better just not fast enough!

Wind, rain, thunder and hail here today......... :( and rounds sitting on the driveway waiting to be split!

rdust said:
Oh yeah the thunder and lightening while it was snowing was interesting! I'm done with this weather, it's starting to get better just not fast enough!

Yea I seen your pic's very interesting indeed. Cutting with out googles today would have been really bad.

Backwoods Savage said:
I was still considering trying to get the limbs off that pin oak even with the sore hip and leg. However, it wasn't bad enough with just snowing, now it is thundering too... Where is Spring?
Sorry to hear you couldn't get anything done today I know how you feel as that is what the last two weeks have been like around here but today actually turned out nice and I got about four hours of time on the saw. Hang in there springis on the way.

Forecast was 72 & partly cloudy,actually got to 86 with sunshine by 3PM.Glad I finished what I'd planned by noon.Way too warm for now,glad its cooling off for the next week.47 tommorow with 40-50 MPH gusts most of the day.Mid 50's to lo 60's until the weekend.

SolarAndWood said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Where is Spring?

It was nice enough here for a little kite flying today. Rest that hip up, biking season is coming.

We did some kite flying today too. Crazy windy even now...and 80* right now....

Backwoods Savage said:

I managed to get out yesterday for a bit and buck a few logs before the rain/snow came.
Thunder came later. Never before have I heard thunder in the midst of a snowfall.
I had been talking to a neighbor just the day before and told her I thought we were done with snow for the year. Not the first time I've been wrong.

Shari said:
Wind, rain, thunder and hail here today......... :( and rounds sitting on the driveway waiting to be split!

Shari, on accuweather they had a video someone took of the hail. Nasty stuff it is. You certainly do not want to be riding a bike in that!

zapny said:
Where is Spring? It finally came east Sav, but the stacking and cutting will be put on hold until I get rid of this cold or sinus problem I've had for two weeks.

Zap

Speak for yourself Zap . . . looking out the window now and while I see some brown patches the large field is still snow covered from Friday's storm . . . and more snow is forecast for today -- although they are saying it will change over to rain.

Backwoods Savage said:
Shari said:

Shari, on accuweather they had a video someone took of the hail. Nasty stuff it is. You certainly do not want to be riding a bike in that!

I heard they got golf ball sized hail about 90 miles west of me, around Wendell's area I believe.

firefighterjake said:
zapny said:

Zap

Speak for yourself Zap . . . looking out the window now and while I see some brown patches the large field is still snow covered from Friday's storm . . . and more snow is forecast for today -- although they are saying it will change over to rain.

I was......... woke up this a.m and it was snowing then rain but I will take it. The trails on the hills should be clear by the weekend in the area that I'm hauling from so it's all good for the n/e.

Zap

zapny said:
firefighterjake said:
zapny said:

Zap

I was......... woke up this a.m and it was snowing then rain but I will take it. The trails on the hills should be clear by the weekend in the area that I'm hauling from so it's all good for the n/e.

Zap

I was trying to come across as funny and not snippy Zap . . . hopefully you didn't take it wrong . . . I will say I am getting anxious for Spring to get here in earnest.

[

Never took snippy Jake.... alls good on this end.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.