Nobody's talking about baseball?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't baseball start in the spring?

I don't follow any of that. Turn on a game and I'm asleep in 5 mins. I'd rather watch the grass grow or paint dry.... or hell my firewood season!

2-2. Excellent. So far a Series worth watching. Rick

Go back to sleep Nate.

The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even knew existed.

Casey Stengel.

Been in a hotel with my wife and a couple of in-laws for a couple of days. All Three from Texas. Night before last I was afraid I was going to get a bill for a big screen TV. I was afraid it was going to get smashed.

:lol: Yeah, a lot of folks really take it personally. Sometimes to the point of senseless violence. I don't quite grasp that sort of fanaticism about a retail franchise that's just in business to make a profit. It's not like any of the team members are actually FROM the team's hometown. Nor does the outcome of a game mean diddley about either team's hometown or state. I enjoy watching a well-played sport contest, but I really couldn't care less about who wins & who loses. Most typically I'll find myself rooting for the underdog or whoever's behind in score at the time...just hoping they'll make an interesting close game of it. Rick

As a lifelong baseball fan, I just find myself rooting for a 7 game series.
I'm kinda torn as who to root for. I'm an AL fan.
My late father was a Cardinal fan & in 1960, the first game he
took me to see was when he was stationed at Edwards AFB
& we went to the LA Colisseum to see the Cards at the Dodgers.
BIG names on the field that day...
Cards:Stan Musial. Bill White. Ken Boyer. Curt Flood. Julian Javier. Bob Gibson
Dodgers: Wally Moon. Maury Wills. Frank Howard. Duke Snider. Gil Hodges. Don Drysdale
They actually strung a chain link fence across the middle of the field - in right -
to bring the monstrous Colisseum dimensions down to baseball park size...
As an 8-year-old, it was my BEST ever birthday present...

We are fans. My dad took the family to Cardinal games. Many the cool evening we sat on the porch in the dark listening to the radio while Harry Carey and Dizzy Dean told stories. I have done the same with my family. It is another family memory and more glue for our lives.

The older son is working in Alabama. Last week he called up and said, "Hey, I'm going to the second game of the series. That's great I said. Who coming with. He said I got four tickets and you guys are going to meet me there. So we did. He wouldn't let me pay. The Cards lost, but the byline was I spilled my beer on the gentleman in the seat in front of me. Talk about embarrassing. The guy was cool.

DAKSY said:
As a lifelong baseball fan, I just find myself rooting for a 7 game series.

I was rooting for the Cards. Then CJ Wilson stepped up to pitch. <swoon>

Watching the game right now, I'm an AL fan but Texas whopped on my team so I want Texas to lose two seasons in a row. ;-) Honestly I could care less who wins as long as I get to watch some good games, so far it has been a good series.

Is it bad that I get sad during the World Series since I know baseball will be gone till spring!? Sports take up such a huge amount of my time its not even funny! :lol:

rdust said:
Watching the game right now, I'm an AL fan but Texas whopped on my team so I want Texas to lose two seasons in a row. ;-) Honestly I could care less who wins as long as I get to watch some good games, so far it has been a good series.

Is it bad that I get sad during the World Series since I know baseball will be gone till spring!? Sports take up such a huge amount of my time its not even funny! :lol:

2-2 in the 8th awsome!

BrotherBart said:
Been in a hotel with my wife and a couple of in-laws for a couple of days. All Three from Texas. Night before last I was afraid I was going to get a bill for a big screen TV. I was afraid it was going to get smashed.

I knew something was "missing" the last couple days....but I could not put my finger on it.... ;-) Glad your back BB....

Oh yeah ....baseball.....my beloved "Cops" was not on Saturday nite because of it..... >:-(
So I watched the fire instead.....

Quit watching people hit balls with sticks and go chop some wood. Of all the sports to watch, baseball is one of the least entertaining. I'd rather watch a sitcom and at least get a laugh.

No, it's "There's No Crying In Baseball". Trust me. I bought the sign at Cooperstown
devil-smiley-024.gif

Wife is in pain. We are back home and don't have Directv local channels and since OTA went digital the leaves are blocking the signal. :eek:hh:

BrotherBart said:
Wife is in pain...the leaves are blocking the signal. :eek:hh:

You got chain saws...lose the leaves before the first pitch tomorrow. :coolsmirk:

Fun game to watch tonight!

Freeeze out.

DAKSY said:
Was THAT a Baseball Game or was that a Baseball Game?
ONE WORD:

WOW!

One of the best, will tonight be a let down or just as good.

zap

This has been such a nailbiter playoffs so far, so I don't think it will disappoint. I hope the W goes to the home team. GO CARDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.