Northern Comfort / Fisher Copy Woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antyke

Sep 14, 2011
Eastern CT
Does anyone have any information regarding this stove, it appears to be a copy of a Fisher Style stove, it is well built and quite heavy. Northern Comfort on the door. It was a whole house heater at a friends place, they don't want to burn wood anymore so I am thinking of refurbishing it for my home. Has an external mounted blower in the back and tubes running through to the front. Cast Iron doors, aprox 20" square inside box.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0703.jpg
    IMAG0703.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 687
Fisher never had the tubes through the stove like that. You biggest concern would be is inspecting those tubes, they have been exposed to extreme heat and probably have deteriated to a point. If they get bad enough to get a pin hole I would expect you could get smoke, gases, and worst sparks into your living area. When the tubes are red hot and wood hits them from loading you can damage them also. that would be my biggest concern. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.