Norway stack from PI free CL dropoff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Completed approx 1 cord of the norway that I had dropped off for free from CL. There was a lot of ants, rot, poison Ivy, and it was all free, except for the splitter and chainsaw.

Attachments

• norway maple stack.jpg
    norway maple stack.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 136
Free delivered wood, ants, rot & poison ivy. Got allot of stuff free LOL ;)
All should be good if you aren't allergic to PI .

Nice score though.
A free delivered cord of wood is a good score, you can put up with a few inconveniences at that price.

Reactions: ScotO
Got allot of stuff free LOL ;) All should be good if you aren't allergic to PI .
i remember playing in pi as a kid. never did catch it. then as an adult, i was out weed wacking with shorts and got in some brambels that scratch the skin and got into some pi with wild abandon because i had never had it........you guessed it, the open scratches provided an avenue for the pi and i've caught it to some degree ever since.

cass

Looks alot different now that you've stacked it......I'm guessing this is the same tree you posted a while back that had the PI all over it, correct? I love burning Norway maple, it's kinda a cross between hard and soft maple.....lots and lots of it in my stacks...

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Looks alot different now that you've stacked it......I'm guessing this is the same tree you posted a while back that had the PI all over it, correct? I love burning Norway maple, it's kinda a cross between hard and soft maple.....lots and lots of it in my stacks...
Yes same wood, its funny when the guy pulled up to my yard with his flatbed tow truck, I asked him how much weight did he think it was. He said, 30k lbs. I said, how many cords do you think is here? Its funny how clueless people are.

You got a good amount from that tree, cant complain about that even if your itchy for a few days ;lol

You got a good amount from that tree, cant complain about that even if your itchy for a few days ;lol
Actually I am a little itchy. I can never deal with PI without getting a little on my forearms.

Completed approx 1 cord of the norway that I had dropped off for free from CL. There was a lot of ants, rot, poison Ivy, and it was all free, except for the splitter and chainsaw.

Well, should you run low on the ants and poison ivy, you can feel free to come pay us a visit anytime and take all the ants and PI you can carry with you. No charge.

Nice! What kind of ants do you have there? Did they bring melted chocolate to dip them in as well? Good score! Can't beat delivered wood. Well, okay, delivered, c/s/s but that is not happening. :cool:

Started burning some about 3 weeks ago & again the past 2 days,almost 3/4 p/u load left from doing work for neighbor in June 2011.Dries very fast,especially when stacked in south facing location that gets lots of sun & wind.Never burned it before,I really like it.Sure is great when its 35-45 out & you want to take the chill off for a few hours yet not be driven out of the house.Though I was about ready to open a couple windows by last night.;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.