Not so crazy CL add

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/for/2663651460.html
Firewood: Locust Tree Logs - $200 (Armonk)

Date: 2011-10-22, 5:22PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Photo shows logs for sale. Locust tree makes great firewood after they are split.

I have 17 inch individual logs.

Approx. Dimensions are 12 x 8 x 3.5 feet. at a total of 5 logs deep.

http://images.craigslist.org/5Y55X45S63kf3m83oabam20dc1104cebd1cb4.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/5O65U35R63k23o53labam964f656cd5761062.jpg

I bet this will end up at nearly 2 cords. might even be worth the $200. Around here the going price is $200+/cord, likely green too. If I didn't have 12 cords at the house, I'd offer $100 and maybe get close to the $200 if I could drive right up to it.

Flatbedford said:
I'd offer $100 and maybe get close to the $200

The last time I suggested such a thing, it was thrown back in my face as blasphemy. Nice rounds though.

Wished you guys where closer I could make some money! :lol:

You'd have to up your game Jay. Guaranteed I can haul it away faster than you can drop and buck em.

SolarAndWood said:
Flatbedford said:
I'd offer $100 and maybe get close to the $200

The last time I suggested such a thing, it was thrown back in my face as blasphemy. Nice rounds though.

When you quoted me you left out the "If I didn’t have 12 cords at the house" part. I'm just saying that this would be a reasonable way for somebody to catch up without paying full price. If I needed it, could get it for $100, and could drive right up to it, the time and effort saved would be worth the money.

SolarAndWood said:
You'd have to up your game Jay. Guaranteed I can haul it away faster than you can drop and buck em.

You better have a tri-hauler?

Flatbedford said:
When you quoted me you left out the "If I didn’t have 12 cords at the house" part. I'm just saying that this would be a reasonable way for somebody to catch up without paying full price. If I needed it, could get it for $100, and could drive right up to it, the time and effort saved would be worth the money.

No argument there Flatbed. I had a similar deal with Sugar Maple when Jay and company jumped on me for paying anything for wood. Within 24 hours, I was into 5 cord of free Black Oak.

SolarAndWood said:
Flatbedford said:

No argument there Flatbed. I had a similar deal with Sugar Maple when Jay and company jumped on me for paying anything for wood. Within 24 hours, I was into 5 cord of free Black Oak.

See good advice!

smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

I've got us covered until it is time to buy a skidder and a semi ;-) When you moving to Syracuse?

Attachments

• burb and Ford.jpg
    burb and Ford.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 277
  • log truck.jpg
    log truck.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 294
SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

I've got us covered until it is time to buy a skidder and a semi ;-) When you moving to Syracuse?

Oh Crap! We could knock out a years worth a piece in a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.