Not so new newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minakena

Oct 16, 2010
Sullivan county, NY
Just decided to register and wanted to say that I've been following this site for a couple of years now and would like to say how much knowledge I've gained from everyones posts on it. I own a 04 ' 25pdvc and I love it. Whenever I run into a problem I know I can find a solution from someone on here. So heres a thanks to everyone who contributes to make this site possible.

Welcome neighbor, from down in Orange County....glad you finally decided to sign on.

Welcome aboard, newbie. Now that you've gained a little experience, don't be afraid to share. If you can't add anything constructive to a discussion, a short smartass remark can be fun once in a while too.

Souzafone said:
Welcome aboard, newbie. Now that you've gained a little experience, don't be afraid to share. If you can't add anything constructive to a discussion, a short smartass remark can be fun once in a while too.

It's not "smartass remark" and if you dont have one, then something "constructive"? I've had this all wrong the whole time, my bad, and welcome!

Welcome!
Pull up a chair and stick around. Since you have been "around" for a while, you already
know this place is great source of knowledge/information.
We have some nuts here too that keep it fun ;-)

tinkabranc said:
Welcome!
Pull up a chair and stick around. Since you have been "around" for a while, you already
know this place is great source of knowledge/information.
We have some nuts here too that keep it fun ;-)

You must be talking about krooser and imacman? Right! :) hehe!

Welcome aboard minakena,
As the others say, Good group of people here! A great place to hang out and share stories. We try to keep things interesting and have a little fun too! We love to chat pellets. What's your favorite brand?

Thanks for the "warm" welcome fellas. Much appreciated. Your a great bunch of guys for sure. This year I'm shopping around for the best pellet I can get. This year In my area we have Stove chow at the local HD. Instant heat at TSC , Lignetics at the Trading post ( way over priced), and agway had some lg granules. Going to Middletown tomorrow to see what Lowes has to offer. I'm hoping they have somersets as imacman mentioned the newburgh Lowes was supplying.I see they had some great reviews. If so imma get me some!!

minakena said:
....Your a great bunch of guys for sure. .........Going to Middletown tomorrow to see what Lowes has to offer. I'm hoping they have somersets as imacman mentioned the newburgh Lowes was supplying.I see they had some great reviews. If so imma get me some!!

Don't forget that we have some "Gals" that are pelletheads too....Tinkabranc, Zena, Sydney, and others.

Yes, give the Middletown Lowes a shot (I'd give them a call first), but if they don't, the Newburgh Lowes is only 15 min. away, and they still had the Somersets when I was there this past week.....I bought 4 bags to "test" when it gets colder.

BTW, if you do buy a ton or more at the Newburgh store, be wary of the 4 tons they have stacked in front....some of those bags were ripped open.

Well Hats off to the ladies also! Thanks for the info imacman. I'm going armed with my 10% off coupon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.