not sure what the temp should be???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMOZAEKO

Feb 11, 2008
Connecticut
ok we finally have gotten out stove installed and now i have some questions.

1. since we will not be using our furnace to heat the house what temp should we put our digital thermostats at so the pipes dont freeze? (we live in connecticut)
2. do we need to have a ceiling fan running in order to circulate the air?
3 what temp should it be outside before we fire up the stove?

i probably have more questions but i cant seen to remember it right now. so i will ask them at another time.

any help would be greatly appreciated

-Cristine in Connecticut

cmozaeko said:
ok we finally have gotten out stove installed and now i have some questions.

1. since we will not be using our furnace to heat the house what temp should we put our digital thermostats at so the pipes dont freeze? (we live in connecticut)
2. do we need to have a ceiling fan running in order to circulate the air?
3 what temp should it be outside before we fire up the stove?

i probably have more questions but i cant seen to remember it right now. so i will ask them at another time.

any help would be greatly appreciated

-Cristine in Connecticut

1. As low as that thermostat will go should be okay, most only go as low as 45 F or so.
2. It can't hurt.
3. ~32 F.
;-)

I have my thermo stats set at 60 for now and have been burning the stove when the outside temp is expected to get at least to the mid 40s at night.When winter really begins then ill run the stove weekends and late afternoons till bed during the work week.My home is insulated real good so the oil furnace shouldnt kick in too much durning the day while at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.