Now That's Really, Really, Really Fast...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And if it holds up it wrecks every science based observation of how wood drys. :lol:

Warp speed
Here we come.
Well in a few years maybe. :)
"Live long & prosper"

BrotherBart said:
Yep. And if it holds up it wrecks every science based observation of how wood drys. :lol:

That's what's got me worried. Geez, if we can't trust Einstein, who's gonna listen to lil' ol' me? :shut:

That's even faster than a few women I once knew!

Backwoods Savage said:

I knew a few fast women back when I was young, funny how they never wanted to know me......... ;-)

So, in theory, the rays got there before they left.........all else being equal???

Don't worry - Einstein was still mostly on target. It makes him even smarter when you think about it this way. He figured it out by looking out the window and thinking.....

These researchers are taking the sum total of knowledge of mankind, many tens of billions of dollars, many years, the best equipment ever built, etc......and it will be a long time before they prove anything much.

When you look at it that way, Albert was definitely the man!

Webmaster said:
So, in theory, the rays got there before they left.........all else being equal???

Don't worry - Einstein was still mostly on target. It makes him even smarter when you think about it this way. He figured it out by looking out the window and thinking.....

These researchers are taking the sum total of knowledge of mankind, many tens of billions of dollars, many years, the best equipment ever built, etc......and it will be a long time before they prove anything much.

When you look at it that way, Albert was definitely the man!

I want my share back. I could waste it better than that!!

Cascade Failure said:
Webmaster said:
So, in theory, the rays got there before they left.........all else being equal

Where did it say that?

I said "in theory"...meaning they got there before the expected speed of the speed of light!

It's a long way from there to a time warp......

Jags said:
Fellas, its not widely accepted as fact...yet. Many are debunking it with energy measurements, saying that it can't do what they say it did and still have the amount of energy it had at the stopping point:

http://news.yahoo.com/study-rejects-faster-light-particle-finding-052019735.html

Anyone who can understand this:
"is certainly smaller than that by three orders of magnitude, and compatible with zero."

shouldn't be hanging out in a wood burning forum...

Webmaster said:
Jags said:
Fellas, its not widely accepted as fact...yet. Many are debunking it with energy measurements, saying that it can't do what they say it did and still have the amount of energy it had at the stopping point:

http://news.yahoo.com/study-rejects-faster-light-particle-finding-052019735.html

Anyone who can understand this:
"is certainly smaller than that by three orders of magnitude, and compatible with zero."

shouldn't be hanging out in a wood burning forum...

Basically meaning "uh-uhhh".

if physicists would just accept that nothing can move faster than light, but, things can move through time, we'd have no worries. Darn block-headed rocket scientists.

Delta-T said:
if physicists would just accept that nothing can move faster than light, but, things can move through time, we'd have no worries. Darn block-headed rocket scientists.

Please - do not offer to show us your worm hole (again). :bug:

Jags said:
Delta-T said:

Please - do not offer to show us your worm hole (again). :bug:

wanna see my swirling plasma vortex?? I use it to make crop circles, and salsa.

Everything in the universe became abundantly clear and understandable to me the first time I heard "chit happens".

Backwoods Savage said:

LMAO !!

Me thinxs the hidden sense of humor has just surfaced !!

Care to elaborate, Dennis???

Probably should leave that one to the imagination Eileen. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.