Now we're cooking with wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stee6043

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
West Michigan
180+ on the boiler, 170+ top to bottom on both 500 gallon tanks, 22+ psi on the system......now we're making heat...

4206783403_db34e69888_o.jpg

I'm new to the whole wood heating thing so not sure exactly what you're talking about with the temps but, damn that is a good close up picture.

Is this for a hot water baseboard heat system?

I would insualte the pipes but I really only have about 15-20 feet exposed before the piping heads into the box I built around my tanks. The pipes heat my boiler room quite nicely!

My boiler heats a water-to-air heat exchanger in my forced air furnace. I hope to install in-floor radiant someday....

The radiant floor heating is awesome. I've poured lots of concrete over those systems.

Do you have photos of the rest of your setup?

I actually posted the thread below last season after I completed my install. It was my photo diary of that 4 months of my life. I still like shooting a photo or two in my boiler room every now and again. I'd really like to get a good shot of the flame but that is not so easy to do...especially without filling the house with smoke. ha.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/32524/

Status
Not open for further replies.