NP 140 Blower Not Working / Dead...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GARY24NASCAR

Dec 23, 2008
PUTNAM, CT
Hello All: I am looking for some assistance. I am guessing I know the issue but would like confirmation I suppose. I believe my Convection Blower is dead.

I have been putting on the back burner getting a new convection blower because of the loudness this one outputs (I have another thread for that). I have been running the stove regardless. When starting up the stove after cleaning it, I turned the blower on it would not go to the desired speed. So, for ex, if I put it to the highest (6) it would run at about 3. If I throttled back the speed to 1, and slowly worked my way up, the blower would catch the right speed and work properly. Over time this got worse and I had to fiddle more with it.

Today I started the stove again. But the blower will not run. I can hear that the switch is outputting a signal to the blower but nothing spins.

Sound like it could be anything but the convection blower?

Thanks!

Its the blower, Once they start with the dreaded squeal its just a matter of time until death or lockup. I wouldn't bother running the stove like that. Time for a new one!

GARY24NASCAR said:
.....When starting up the stove after cleaning it, I turned the blower on it would not go to the desired speed. So, for ex, if I put it to the highest (6) it would run at about 3. If I throttled back the speed to 1, and slowly worked my way up, the blower would catch the right speed and work properly.......

Sounds like either a lack of lube, or the bearings are gone. Maybe just replace the bearings? Does the blower have lube ports?

Attachments

• blower lube ports.jpg
    blower lube ports.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 327
http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.co...0_and_NPI45_Convection_Blower_p/w062-0030.htm

So I was wondering if anyone has any contacts with Fasco.
My convection blower part is W062-0021. FASCO PN: 70211992

Curious whether the new part listed (W062-0030) is different in any way? Higher RPM's? Quieter? Etc...

Tried finding the Fasco number for support but isn't that simple. I do get Distributers but I was hoping to get Fasco themselves. Unless it doesn't matter and the distributer should know just as well?

Ordered the new convection blower W062-0030. Back up and running and quiet...at least for now. See how long this one lasts. Looks like the fan blades in this fan are metal instead of the previous 2 which were plastic. Other than that there is no difference (not the open C shape or whatever).

$250 = ouch

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.