NTI wf200 wood boiler and storage tank ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hyattpeters

Feb 1, 2009
P.E.I. Canada
Hi I'm new to this site but I like what I'm hearing, I have a new house heating 1500 sq feet in the basement and 1500sq feet upstairs, infloor up and down with a concrete over pour upstairs. My heating system consists of a slaint/fin electric boiler which is just for backup.(Not even turned on unless it's real cold!!) My primary heat source is NTI (NY thermal inc.) wf 200 wood boiler which is rated for 100000 btu's and it also has a domestic hot water coil which heats a 40 gal. electric hot water tank in the wood burning months. I mix the water going into the floor down to about 100*f, water starts to pump out of the wood boiler @ 120*, front drafts shuts down about 160* (and yes the drafts are shut quite a bit so I do have idle time) Which works great as long as i still have hot water. I get about a 6 - 7 hour burn (I'm burning mostly maple about 7-8 cord a year) But I don't have any water temp. left by the time I return home from work. Now I have the option to buy a stainless steel 660 gal. milk tank which would already have some insulation in it. So my question is; do you guys think this would be a good choice for a storage tank, and do you think it would fix my problem of running out of hot water??? I also included a couple of pics of my system as it is right now. Thanks for now

Attachments

• wf 200.jpg
    wf 200.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,416
  • 2 wf 200.jpg
    2 wf 200.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 3,354
Status
Not open for further replies.