Nyletherm heat pump Water Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gpcollen1

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2007
Western CT
I know some of you have this unit....

Just started getting a heavy buildup of frost on the evaporator of my unit. The manual says it could be the Defrost Thermostat or the System Controller Relay Unit. Anyone have this issue or any experience maintaining this thing? i am pretty handy, just will have no idea what is what when i open it up. Maybe I will take a picture when I open it and see what i can figure out.

I did not call the number in the manual yet as i know they no longer make this unit. I will give it a try at some point...

Sent a note to the folks at North Road, who purchased Nyle. They got back to me within hours and let me know that the issue is most likely not as it says in the manual. He says it is most likely the Speed Control that is stuck in low. The speed control normally slows the fan down when it is warmer.

He is going to send the part. Hopefully it gets here quickly and I can get this thing back running. I like the fact that it heats water but I like it better that it maintains the cellar temps in the garage/basement where I have the beer cellar - and some wine too.

Ja, I was going to suggest maybe not enough air flow. I've seen air conditioners ice up when too many of the vents are closed, choking down the total air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.