OAK, for a Harman PF100, do I get any kit or a specific one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
Should I buy a specific outside air kit for the Harman PF100 or can I buy any kit that had the right diameter?

Thanks,
Don

I called the harman dealer. THey are saying that the kit for the harman is specific due to the 2 3/8" ID. Now, can I get the kit and run any flex with my own reducing?

Does it matter what the pipe size is if it's the right size at the unit?

thanks for any help here, I'm new and trying to read all I can

you can use a 3" aluminum flex and attach it to the intake flange with a pipe clamp. (i actually think the PF100 uses a 2 7/8", the other pellet units have the 2 3/8")

Delta-T said:
you can use a 3" aluminum flex and attach it to the intake flange with a pipe clamp. (i actually think the PF100 uses a 2 7/8", the other pellet units have the 2 3/8")

yup, the PF100 intake is 2-7/8"

I used some 3" flex with a pipe clip and brought it over to a 3" galv duct going vertical.. I then transitioned to a 3" PVC sewer pipe. I could not find a neat way to finish the galv pipe outside with vinyl. I used a 3-1/4" hole saw and the 3" sewer pipe was a perfect fit. Just a little bit of caulk and it looks perfect. You can see the fresh air intake it in my photos http://www.305reservoir.com/pf100/ If you want to see the outside finish I can take a picture of that too.

Hello ididarod, Nice and clean looking install you have there! Enjoy the heat and welcome to the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.