Oh how nice it is to see this.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drozenski

Aug 14, 2010
Rochester NY
Well i bought my house 13 months ago. The previous owners had a wood stove but rarely used it even though he owned a tree service as his primary source of income. He heated with natural gas and electric in the pourch and bathroom

Well i replaced the old wood stove with a new EPA stove and then got my bill last month. Well it was much much higer then expected. We did use the furnace for 3 days but it was still to high. I found out they were estimating off the use of the previous owner. So i called in and just got my updated bill.

gas.jpg

Oh boy how nice it is!

Only if all bills could be like that!

Sweet,
maybe they can forward the balance to you now, it is your money they have.

I tried that, they said we are on budget billing "have to wait until the billing cycle ends".
I said our heavy use time is winter, it's just going to get larger. They said sorry, "have to wait until the billing cycle ends"
But I still like it :)

I had the same thing happen with Com Ed they sent me a bill for $485.00 I read the meter and called it in and got it dropped over half off.

My gas & elect company (NIPSCO) is about the same at "estimating" when they miss a reading. They more than double or even triple the actual use every time.
1'st winter in the house the bills averaged around $425 in mid-winter even keeping the place chilly.
I then sealed, insulated, replaced windows & installed the EPA insert.
Last year I figured they were just slow catching on.
Since they keep doing it my theory is that over-estimates are on purpose as they get to hold extra money for a full month. Really helps with the cash-flow. Most people don't know or won't bother to call in a customer reading.
Bills now average about $75 midwinter so seeing their "estimates" just makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.