Okanagan performance issue - revisited

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corkman and Nailer have expressed some issues concerning the performance of Okies. I have a few more bags in my shop which I have been testing in my new Ecoteck Francesca, tweaking the stove I was able to get temps up to about 349 °F with constant readings above 330 °F out of the heat exchanger. Granted, I'm using a stove with the latest technology but I'm sure I could get about the same out of my Regency GF55, totally cleaned.

Anyone with questionable bags please send me 10lb samples to 579 Tremont St, Rehoboth, MA 02769 and I will test them out.

2011-02-01_21-39-26_602.jpg

Hey Scott hows it going man, its Paul u installed my stove in NOV, you did a great job, looking forward to a cleanup at the start of next season , thanks again for the good job

pauly2110 said:
Hey Scott hows it going man, its Paul u installed my stove in NOV, you did a great job, looking forward to a cleanup at the start of next season , thanks again for the good job

Hey man, good to hear from ya. I hope the stove is working well. Is it heating the house okay? If I remember right it started snowing the day I was at your house and it hasn't stopped since. Take care and I'll be in touch over the summer. Keep warm!

hi pauly.last time we spoke you were looking for some of the premium pellets.i offered you a couple bags of okies to try.what did you end up getting

corkman said:
hi pauly.last time we spoke you were looking for some of the premium pellets.i offered you a couple bags of okies to try.what did you end up getting

still burning green teams and i like those alot, very clean and very low amouts of ash in the bag, and pretty good heat, i also tryed 10 bags of stove chow and liked those also but not as clean and a little more ash but a little more heat i thought, i got a 1/2 ton left that i hope last me thur mid feb as i try to find some more green teams as i figure if it aint broke why fix it right lol.....i live in a 2000 sq foot colonial and right now my living level is 73 and upstairs is 68 with the stove on 3-4 setting throughout day and 2 when i leave the house, plan on giving it a clean tommorw, i try to clean it 3 times a week at least, with the vent syestem every 1/2 ton ...talk to you soon

my okies are burning just fine . just like btu said high heat, clean glass, low ash

Status
Not open for further replies.