Okay. Who has coldest temp.? Time frame. Thurs. 10pm - Sat. 10am. 1 rule. Picture of thermometer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
:coolgrin: How is the heat demand where you are? One rule. You need to post a picture of the thermometer.
And no, no temperatures from your freezer please. Just outside your house. :lol:
I know it won't be me, I am seeing 32 degrees on my back porch right now. 9:38PM Thursday
But I will take my picture early in the morning when I get up. Hopefully 5:30 am.
Good luck. And have a good one.

Still pretty warm here... upper 20s at the coldest so far.

Its not even cutting season yet.......lol Leaves are still hanging.

You are right. Still pretty warm. I have a feeling there are some cold temperatures in the higher elevations though, and I think some of those guys up in Canada and Alaska will probably win. So how cold is it where you guys are? Here is mine. 28 °F on the back porch.

Attachments

• DSCF1707 (480x360).jpg
    DSCF1707 (480x360).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 561
Gasifier said:
You are right. Still pretty warm. I have a feeling there are some cold temperatures in the higher elevations though, and I think some of those guys up in Canada and Alaska will probably win. So how cold is it where you guys are? Here is mine. 28 °F on the back porch.

yes but how do we KNOW that this is not a photo from last year ??? ;-)

this could be a fun thread come mid-winter...looking forward to readings from canada and alaska.
mine's a digital that displays indoors so i can show the difference between in and out....and the value of burning wood.

I saw 21 when I started my truck this morning, but I didn't bother taking a photo.

25 degrees this morning:
IMG_0329%2520%25281024x768%2529.jpg

no camera for pics...but we had 12f this a.m. fwiw. its always a bit colder here in the river bottom (valley)

it'll get to the lo 40's today

No pic, but here in Eastern CT on the Long Island sound we got down to a chilly 31.5. Calling for mixing snow/rain on Sat. with our first NorEaster. Lets get this started.

;-P

42 this morning, up to 48 now. 4 small splits running...76 inside. We're supposed to get low 30's tomorrow with 3-6" of the white stuff. I'll repost tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 476
Gasifier said:

Looks like last summers heat wave. %-P Still pretty mild this am at 20f.
Stay warm gasser.

Just saw the thread so No pic but was -4 this mornign suppose to be -15 tonight so will hopefully get a pic it is sitting at 6 right now/

Just saw the thread so No pic but was -4 this mornign suppose to be -15 tonight so will hopefully get a pic it is sitting at 6 right now/

05d4477f.jpg

I am gonna have to bundle up before I go out. Down to 48F.

bsj425 said:
Here was a nice cool day last Feb...... :)

c885e991.jpg

You know it's cold when you are at the lower design limits of that thermometer. That's Antarctic temperature!

BeGreen said:
bsj425 said:
Here was a nice cool day last Feb...... :)

c885e991.jpg

You know it's cold when you are at the lower design limits of that thermometer. That's Antarctic temperature!

That and the dial thermometer didn't factor in the 25+ mph winds there were then. Those temps aren't uncommon in mid Dec- late Feb. Oh and the fun part is I work outside for my job even when it is this cold what fun huh?

BrotherBart said:

Bundle up? 48 is beach weather up here put the flip flops and sunscreen on were heading to the lake!

bsj425 said:
BrotherBart said:

Bundle up? 48 is beach weather up here put the flip flops and sunscreen on were heading to the lake!

Not bad here either. Just went for a walk with the cat in the woods. But not in flip flops. The cat went barefoot though.

Our miserable weekend is gonna be because of cold rain.

BrotherBart said:
bsj425 said:
BrotherBart said:

Not bad here either. Just went for a walk with the cat in the woods. But not in flip flops. The cat went barefoot though.

Our miserable weekend is gonna be because of cold rain.

It just took me 10 full minutes of looking around for where the "ticking" sound was coming from before I realized it was sleet hitting the window.

spacecowboyIV said:
It just took me 10 full minutes of looking around for where the "ticking" sound was coming from before I realized it was sleet hitting the window.

Yeah these guys give us grief every year. What they need to do is cut wood when it is 99 degrees and then skate on ice in the winter. That would calibrate their backsides. ;-)

My 898 foot downhill S-curved driveway is a real delight in a sleet or straight ice storm. They put a telephone pole at the outside of the first curve dropping off the hill. >:-(

BrotherBart said:
these guys give us grief every year. What they need to do is cut wood when it is 99 degrees and then skate on ice in the winter. That would calibrate their backsides. ;-)

My 898 foot downhill S-curved driveway is a real delight in a sleet or straight ice storm. They put a telephone pole at the outside of the first curve dropping off the hill. >:-(

Amen on both counts, I am an Indiana transplant to Virginia:
I refuse to cut wood in the summer here. I may not know Alaska cold, but Alaska doesn't know Virginia hot. 95 degrees and 95% humidity is like trying to breath with your head in a bowl of hot soup.

Also, give me the snow on flat ground any day. A little bit of ice or snow on these hills and suddenly your 10 minute commute turns into steering a 1500 lb toboggan through a chute of cars off the road on both sides. Fortunately I've gotten smart enough to wait until noon when its all melted :).

Status
Not open for further replies.