Old Dominion vs. Blue label Lignetics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EZsteve

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
So far I have tried two kinds of pellets this year. Old Dominion and Lignetics(blue label). I have burned Lignetics before and had good results with them but they were always too high for me. So when I seen them for 219/ton @ TSC I thought found the deal for the season. So I bought 4 Bags to try. Before I bought those I had gotten some Old Dominion, I didn't expect much from them because I know where they are made and last year that same place was making Nations Choice. I had gotten a ton of Nations Choice last year and could not wait to get rid of them. So started out with the Old Dominion first and was VERY impressed with them, white hot flame and low ash. Switched to the Lignetics and not so much. Not the worst pellet ever but not as good as the Old Dominion pellet.

So that goes to show you every year is a new year in the pellet world.

Old Dominion = 224/ton and close to home, 10 miles
Lignetics= 219/ton ,40 miles away
I think i will get the Old Dominions.

The latest reports on the OD pellets have been very favorable. Everything I've read on this forum about them has had good results. Looks like the plant has made changes to the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.