Old Hard Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Some was good and some had good weight but looks like crap. Not a ant in any of it, the closer I got to the trunk the worst the wood was. Still have some good wood from it. Next is hauling it down from up top.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0225.jpg
    100_0225.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 100_0226.jpg
    100_0226.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 426
  • 100_0227.jpg
    100_0227.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 429
Zap, your photos rock. Every one of your posts make me wish I was working in the woods instead of scrounging in the city.

Nice stuff Zap!

Very nice..

SolarAndWood said:
Zap, your photos rock. Every one of your posts make me wish I was working in the woods instead of scrounging in the city.

Thanks , it was nice in the woods today not one gun shot just 1 loud crow for about 2 minutes.

Zap

Zap, no matter what the wood looks like, it is great firewood.

Hey, if you heard a shot yesterday, that might have been me. I filled my last tag so now when the meat is taken care of I'll be ready to start cutting wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, no matter what the wood looks like, it is great firewood.

Hey, if you heard a shot yesterday, that might have been me. I filled my last tag so now when the meat is taken care of I'll be ready to start cutting wood.

Congrads on filling your tag, in 2 weeks I can get back to cutting in an area that will be safer (rifle season over with) and get some more Cherry,Beech and some shoulder season wood for next year (Basswood and Popple).

Zap

Hey Zap, right after rifle season here the archery season kicks in again. Also there is muzzleloader season in December. But by then almost everyone does their hunting only early morning or late evening. I've never had a problem cutting then.

Just keep on cutting Zap, you are doing fine.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Zap, right after rifle season here the archery season kicks in again. Also there is muzzleloader season in December. But by then almost everyone does their hunting only early morning or late evening. I've never had a problem cutting then.

Just keep on cutting Zap, you are doing fine.

It will be muzzleloader season here to after Dec. 6, I would like to get another 10-12 face cord cut and split before spring. Looking forward to fishing walleye more starting in the spring. Opening Day tourney first Sat. in May.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.